Item: The 2022-23 Syracuse basketball schedule was finalized Tuesday with the ACC announcing the composite 20-game conference schedule dates for all 15 teams (game times and TV coverage to be announced next month).
As expected, Syracuse will open up league play with a road game Saturday, December 3 against Notre Dame, because the Dome is booked that weekend with the New York State Public High School Association football championship games.
The Notre Dame game follows SU’s road meeting against Illinois (Tuesday, November 29) in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge series, making for a ‘challenging’ week early in the season.
The Orange’s remaining 19 ACC games are sandwiched around two home games in late December against Pittsburgh (December 20) and Boston College (December 30 or 31), and two home games to end the regular season against Georgia Tech (February 28) and Wake Forest (March 4).
In between, the highlighted Dome games are against Duke (February 18) on what will likely be a Saturday night matchup, one of only four Saturday ACC home games SU plays the entire season, and North Carolina (January 24) a Tuesday evening game,
Syracuse will have four instances where it plays two consecutive conference games on the road, and two quick Saturday-to-Monday turnarounds with ‘Big Monday’ games at Miami (January 16) and hosting Virginia (January 30).
SU will have one weekend off (February 11-12), which this year happens to be the weekend Super Bowl LVII is contested in Glendale, Ariz.
The ACC Tournament returns to Greensboro this year in its four-year rotation. If Syracuse qualifies for the NCAA Tournament, is placed in the East Region and advances, the Orange could never have to leave the state until the Final Four in Houston with first/second round games in Albany, and the regionals being hosted at Madison Square Garden.
The complete 2022-23 Syracuse basketball schedule:
- Tues. Oct. 25 INDIANA PA. (exhibition game)
- Tues. Nov. 1 SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE (exhibition game)
- Mon. Nov. 7 LEHIGH
- Tues. Nov. 15 COLGATE
- Sat. Nov. 19 NORTHEASTERN
- Mon. Nov. 21 Richmond (Empire Classic-Brooklyn)
- Tues. Nov. 22 St. John’s/Temple (Empire Classic-Brooklyn)
- Sat. Nov. 26 BRYANT
- Tues. Nov. 29 at Illinois (ACC-Big Ten Challenge)
- Sat. Dec. 3 at Notre Dame
- Tues. Dec. 6 OAKLAND
- Sat. Dec. 10 GEORGETOWN
- Mon. Dec. 12 MONMOUTH
- Sat. Dec. 17 CORNELL
- Tues. Dec. 20 PITTSBURGH
- Fri. or Sat. Dec. 30 or 31 BOSTON COLLEGE
- Tues. Jan. 3 at Louisville
- Sat. Jan. 7 at Virginia
- Wed. Jan. 11 VIRGINIA TECH
- Sat. Jan. 14 NOTRE DAME
- Mon. Jan. 16 at Miami
- Sat. Jan. 21 at Georgia Tech
- Tues. Jan. 24 NORTH CAROLINA
- Sat. Jan. 28 at Virginia Tech
- Mon. Jan. 30 VIRGINIA
- Sat. Feb. 4 at Boston College
- Wed. Feb. 8 at Florida State
- Tues. Feb. 14 NORTH CAROLINA STATE
- Sat. Feb. 18 DUKE
- Wed. Feb. 22 at Clemson
- Sat. Feb. 25 at Pittsburgh
- Tues. Feb. 28 GEORGIA TECH
- Sat. Mar. 4 WAKE FOREST
- Tues.-Sat. Mar. 7-Mar. 11 ACC Tournament-Greensboro, N.C.