Now that the Syracuse football season has ended, the coaches are fanning out throughout the country making their recruiting pitches.
Here’s everything that’s happened in the last week.
- Syracuse was the latest school to offer four-star athlete Quinton Marton from Belle (Pa.) Vernon. The 2024 prospect already holds offers from Pittsburgh, Penn State and Maryland, among others.
- Syracuse assistant coach Nick Monroe was busy in the last week visiting the Sunshine State. He had an in-home visit with 2022 Fort Lauderdale three-star wide receiver Jullian Lewis on Thursday, and a day before also offered 2025 Fort Lauderdale defensive lineman Armondo Blout.
- Monroe is also the lead recruiter for 2024 defensive lineman Jordan Thomas from Ramsey (NJ). Syracuse was the first school to extend him an offer on Tuesday.
Syracuse is also looking for more immediate help in the form of the transfer portal:
- The Orange offered Miles Frazier, a 2020 prospect who played FIU before entering the portal. Syracuse is among 28 schools, including Auburn, Ole Miss and Florida State, who have extended offers to him recently. He has three years of eligibility remaining.
- Syracuse offered another FIU prospect in the portal, wide receiver Tyrese Chambers. He already has portal offers from Indiana, Arizona, and Purdue, among others.
- Syracuse re-offered Willie Tyler, a former Texas offensive lineman who committed to the Orange in the last recruiting cycle before flipping to ULM. He told 247 Sports’ Stephen Bailey that he would be open to an SU reunion depending on who it hires as the new OC.
Syracuse also hosted several prospects over the weekend:
- Four-star defensive back Kahlil Ali from Pennsauken (NJ) High was on campus for an unofficial visit, and he holds offers from Illinois, Boston College and Florida State.
- One of the most coveted defensive linemen in the transfer portal took an official visit to Syracuse over the weekend. Albany transfer Jared Verse picked up an offer from Syracuse, and already holds offers from SDSU, Nebraska, West Virginia and Colorado, among others.
- Another defensive lineman on campus for an official was Weber State transfer George Tarlas. The three-time All-Big Sky selection recently visited UCLA.
- Syracuse hosted 2022 linebacker Kadin Bailey from Jefferson (Ga.) as well. He holds a high-major offer from Kansas State, and picked up an offer from Syracuse on Friday. He told Sports Illustrated’s Mike McAllister that he loved ‘everything‘ about the visit.
- Another Peach State prospect, 2022 linebacker Garrison Madden, was on hand. The three-star LB holds offers from Air Force and USF, and will visit the Bulls the following weekend.
- On the other side of the ball, 2022 offensive lineman Noah McKinney, a UNLV commit, recently received a three-star rating from 247 Sports. On Friday, he was on the Syracuse campus and picked up an offer from the Orange.