Ismael Sanogo calmly made the first free throw and, while the second one was off the mark, it was enough to give second-seeded East Side, No. 1 in The Star-Ledger Top 20, a 46-45 victory over the third-seed and No. 11 Roselle Catholic in the NJSIAA/ShopRite Tournament of Champions semifinal last night in West Long Branch. Isaiah Briscoe, who was averaging 20.9 points per game, added 10 rebounds in defeat for Roselle Catholic, which is set to return all five starters next season.
- Sanogo’s late free throw lifts Newark East Side over Roselle Catholic in semifinals
- Syracuse Orange back in rhythm with 22-point win over Western Michigan
- Syracuse freshman Tyler Roberson gets first taste of NCAA Tournament
- Cleveland Cavaliers guard Dion Waiters chooses Syracuse to win NCAA Tournament
- Michael Carter-Williams suffers 22nd consecutive breaking point
- Jimmy Fallon shows his love for Syracuse on ‘Tonight’ by picking them to win
- NCAA Tournament: Syracuse’s Jerami Grant dunks all over Western Michigan
- Trevor Cooney finally busts out of his shooting slump
» Related: Chris Silva, Isaiah Briscoe to face Newark East Side in TOC semis
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.