Third-seeded Roselle Catholic, No. 12 in The Star-Ledger Top 20, shot a sizzling 55 percent from the field as it defeated sixth-seeded Newark Tech, 98-80, in the first round of the NJSIAA/ShopRite Tournament of Champions at Pine Belt Arena in Toms River. “It makes my job so much easier, and as a leader I look it as if the ball’s going to be in my hands, I can eat last,” said Isaiah Briscoe, who finished with a team-high 22 points and six assists to go with four rebounds and four steals. “I’ll dish out all of the dimes. If they’re making shots like that, I can go the whole game without scoring a point. As long as everybody’s happy, I know I’ll be happy because we’re winning the game.”
- Boys basketball Tournament of Champions results: Roselle Catholic runs past Newark Tech, 98-80
- Western Michigan plans to play it cool in NCAAs vs. Syracuse
- Phil Jackson says that Carmelo Anthony can be ever better than he is
- NCAA Tournament: Are Syracuse basketball fans already in gravy mode?
- A look at Tyler Ennis’ past, present, future through eyes of nine people
- Syracuse fans need to cut shooting guard Trevor Cooney some slack
- Carmelo Anthony being pursued by Houston Rockets in potential trade
- Balanced attack leads No. 3 Syracuse women’s lax to a route of Harvard
» Related: Isaiah Briscoe leads Roselle Catholic into Tournament of Champions
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.