ESPN and SNY’s Tim Welsh calls in to chat about the upcoming 2016-17 basketball season with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in after to talk about Syracuse’s loss to Clemson.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: You’ve been in and around the Syracuse basketball program for more than two decades now. Is this one of the deepest teams you’ve seen during that time?
Tim Welsh: I really believe it is. When you talk to Jim Boeheim, he feels the same way. I heard him mention the dreaded words man-to-man defense because they have so much depth. He will put that into play at times this year using it. If you have depth this year, you’re going to have to take advantage of it. I think Jim will find ways to use that.
WC: Should Syracuse fans be worried that SU doesn’t have a 2017 commit yet?
TW: The end of last season is going to be a carry over into this season. There are a lot of high expectations, but a lot of good quality basketball with no real ups and downs like they had last year. They’re going to be at a high level all season long and if you’re doing that, you have a chance to get to the national championship and do well, and I think this year Syracuse will do well in the tournament.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. ESPN and SNY’s Tim Welsh calls in
2. Deep team?
3. Tyler Lydon
4. Fifth-year transfer rule
6. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. Syracuse blasted by Clemson
8. Eric Dungey hurt
9. NC State game
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Recruiting Roundup: Decision day for Hugh Davis, Syracuse re-offers Jo-El Shaw - May 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 running back Jawhar Jordan commits to Syracuse - May 25, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017