Happy Thursday, everyone. Let’s get right to the recruiting links today…
Sadiq Palmer has left a good impression on Scout.com’s Brian Dohn. Dohn gives highlights and evaluates the New Jersey wide receiver, who is rated 3-stars and committed to Syracuse. “He has a chance to be very good at Syracuse,” Dohn says, before adding that Palmer would also make a good safety at the next level.
ESPNBoston.com’s John McGuirk profiles Lawrence Academy’s (Mass.) running back AJ Dillon. McGuirk describes Dillon as the “most electrifying and best-skilled running back in the Independent School League.” The 2017 prospect already has several offers, including Temple, Virginia, Iowa, Connecticut and Syracuse.
The News-Record’s Joe Sirera went one-on-one with Dudley (N.C.) quarterback Hendon Hooker. The 2017 signal caller already has offers from Clemson, East Carolina, NC State and Syracuse. “I think Wake or Carolina will be next. I’m just letting that take its own role and working the process, just taking my time to make my decision.”
Taylor Riggins, Lindsey Scott, Darius Stubbs and Moe Neal have all set their official visit dates according to Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. The four players will make their visits in December or January.
Moving to basketball, Villanova will host several recruits that Syracuse is interested in this weekend says Scout.com’s Evan Daniels. Among the recruits visiting will be Mohamed Bamba, Jordan Tucker, and Cameron Reddish. Bamba and Tucker hold Syracuse offers, while Reddish is drawing interest.
Last article of the day comes from Syracuse.com’s Donna Ditota, who writes about Paschal Chukwu’s relationship with Chino Obokoh. They speak the same native language, which gave SU a huge advantage in their recruitment of Chukwu. Jim Boeheim said the 7-foot-2 center would be one of the “premier shot-blockers in college basketball, probably.”
In closing, congratulations to the 2015 National League Champion New York Mets! They do the orange and blue proud. Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Georgetown 78 - December 17, 2016