Happy Thursday, everyone. Let’s get right to the recruiting links today…
Sadiq Palmer has left a good impression on Scout.com’s Brian Dohn. Dohn gives highlights and evaluates the New Jersey wide receiver, who is rated 3-stars and committed to Syracuse. “He has a chance to be very good at Syracuse,” Dohn says, before adding that Palmer would also make a good safety at the next level.
ESPNBoston.com’s John McGuirk profiles Lawrence Academy’s (Mass.) running back AJ Dillon. McGuirk describes Dillon as the “most electrifying and best-skilled running back in the Independent School League.” The 2017 prospect already has several offers, including Temple, Virginia, Iowa, Connecticut and Syracuse.
The News-Record’s Joe Sirera went one-on-one with Dudley (N.C.) quarterback Hendon Hooker. The 2017 signal caller already has offers from Clemson, East Carolina, NC State and Syracuse. “I think Wake or Carolina will be next. I’m just letting that take its own role and working the process, just taking my time to make my decision.”
Taylor Riggins, Lindsey Scott, Darius Stubbs and Moe Neal have all set their official visit dates according to Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. The four players will make their visits in December or January.
Moving to basketball, Villanova will host several recruits that Syracuse is interested in this weekend says Scout.com’s Evan Daniels. Among the recruits visiting will be Mohamed Bamba, Jordan Tucker, and Cameron Reddish. Bamba and Tucker hold Syracuse offers, while Reddish is drawing interest.
Last article of the day comes from Syracuse.com’s Donna Ditota, who writes about Paschal Chukwu’s relationship with Chino Obokoh. They speak the same native language, which gave SU a huge advantage in their recruitment of Chukwu. Jim Boeheim said the 7-foot-2 center would be one of the “premier shot-blockers in college basketball, probably.”
In closing, congratulations to the 2015 National League Champion New York Mets! They do the orange and blue proud. Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016