Syracuse will play its home opener against FCS Wagner on Saturday:
QUESTIONABLE CALL: Division II Merrimack notched the biggest win of its 17-year football history last week, defeating FCS Wagner 42-41. Thrilling didn’t even begin to describe the game, as the two teams combined for 851 total yards. But it was a curious decision from Seahawks head coach Walt Hameline that may have cost Wagner the game. With 5:06 left, Wagner took a 40-35 lead on a touchdown, and the situation seemed to call for a 2-point attempt. But Hameline opted for a PAT and Merrimack responded immediately with a touchdown for the game’s final margin.
SCOUTING THE SEAHAWKS: Fifth-year senior running back Dominique Williams entered the season with 3,308 rushing yards, good for fourth in school history. He was NEC Offensive Player of the Week after racking up 162 yards and a pair of a touchdowns in a week one 28-21 win over Georgetown. He leads the team with 285 yards this year. Junior QB Matt Misley is in his first season as a starter in the Seahawks’ read offense. He rushed for 98 yards and threw for 174 yards and a touchdown against Merrimack.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: Syracuse and Wagner have never met before, and it will be SU’s first game against a member of the Northeast Conference.
GAME INFORMATION: Saturday, Sept. 14, 2013 at 4 p.m. at the Carrier Dome. TV: ESPN3.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017