Syracuse will play its home opener against FCS Wagner on Saturday:
QUESTIONABLE CALL: Division II Merrimack notched the biggest win of its 17-year football history last week, defeating FCS Wagner 42-41. Thrilling didn’t even begin to describe the game, as the two teams combined for 851 total yards. But it was a curious decision from Seahawks head coach Walt Hameline that may have cost Wagner the game. With 5:06 left, Wagner took a 40-35 lead on a touchdown, and the situation seemed to call for a 2-point attempt. But Hameline opted for a PAT and Merrimack responded immediately with a touchdown for the game’s final margin.
SCOUTING THE SEAHAWKS: Fifth-year senior running back Dominique Williams entered the season with 3,308 rushing yards, good for fourth in school history. He was NEC Offensive Player of the Week after racking up 162 yards and a pair of a touchdowns in a week one 28-21 win over Georgetown. He leads the team with 285 yards this year. Junior QB Matt Misley is in his first season as a starter in the Seahawks’ read offense. He rushed for 98 yards and threw for 174 yards and a touchdown against Merrimack.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: Syracuse and Wagner have never met before, and it will be SU’s first game against a member of the Northeast Conference.
GAME INFORMATION: Saturday, Sept. 14, 2013 at 4 p.m. at the Carrier Dome. TV: ESPN3.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Louisville 76 (OT) - February 13, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 82, Clemson 81 - February 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Virginia 62 - February 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 100, NC State 93 OT - February 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse announces 2017 class - February 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 82, Florida State 72 - January 28, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Wake Forest 76 - January 24, 2017
- Can Syracuse still make the NCAA Tournament? - January 23, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Notre Dame 84 - January 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017