Syracuse will host Indiana in the Big 10/ACC challenge on Dec. 3, ESPN announced on Wednesday afternoon. The story was first reported by Inside the Hall.
It will be a daunting non-conference schedule for Syracuse in the 2013-14 season. The Juice Online reported on Sunday that it added Villanova to its non-conference slate. On top of these two games, the Orange will be playing in the Maui Invitational and will have a date at Madison Square Garden on Dec. 15, 2013 against St. John’s.
Syracuse most recently played Indiana this year in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament. They defeated the top-seeded Hoosiers, 61-50, en route to a final four appearance.
SU has a 4-1 advantage in the series, with the loss coming in the 1987 national championship game, where a Keith Smart buzzer-beater lifted the Hoosiers to a 74-73 win.
SU will also host Duke, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Miami, Pittsburgh and NC State in conference play.
The ACC/Big 10 Challenge has been held since 1999. The ACC leads the series 10-3-1 (82-61 in all games), although the ACC has gone winless in the last four years with last year resulting in a tie.
Because of a late Thanksgiving, the challenge will be on December 3 and 4.
Here is the full field:
Tuesday, Dec. 3
- Indiana at Syracuse
- Michigan at Duke
- Notre Dame at Iowa
- Florida State at Minnesota
- Penn State at Pittsburgh
- Illinois at Georgia Tech
Wednesday, Dec. 4
- North Carolina at Michigan State
- Maryland at Ohio State
- Miami at Nebraska
- Wisconsin at Virginia
- Boston College at Purdue
- Northwestern at N.C. State
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016