Former Syracuse point guard Scoop Jardine could be back on SNY as a college basketball analyst.
Jardine made his debut as a television commentator on SNY’s Big East Preview show on Wednesday, and did some of the pre-and post-game analysis with co-hosts Gary Apple, Lenn Robbins and Tarik Turner.
“Absolutely, if the opportunitiy presents itself down the road,” SNY Big East studio producer Steve Hauser said in regards to Jardine coming back to SNY. “Scoop seemed to get more and more comfortable as the night progressed.”
Jardine also had a nice rapport with Apple, who has also a Syracuse graduate.
“It was a good little team we assembled there,” Hauser said. “Gary, being an Syracuse alum himself, made it much more comfortable for Scoop.”
Jardine spent five years in Syracuse, averaging 8.9 points and 4.9 assists per game. He led the Orange to an Elite 8 appearance in his final season, the first time SU went that far since the 2002-03 season.
Jardine worked out for the Utah Jazz in the spring, but broke a bone in his foot during a workout, temporarily derailing his professional basketball career.
Jardine is contemplating a career overseas, but if he decides to stay local, he could see himself on Geico SportsNite, on Big East programming, or on other shows like Daily News Live, Hauser said.
“I thought he did great,” Hauser said. “Very personable. Great personality. Good insight. The key for us is him talking about guys he’s played against the past couple of years. We were breaking that down all night.”
- 2016 forward Sedee Keita has several high-major offers — Cuse Clicks - November 25, 2014
- 2016 5-star point guard Kobi Simmons visits Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 24, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 7, Pitt 30 - November 22, 2014
- Kaleb Joseph shows growth as Syracuse edges Iowa - November 22, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Iowa 63 - November 21, 2014
- Star 2015 forward Thomas Bryant to visit Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 21, 2014
- In loss to Cal, Syracuse basketball’s inexperience shows - November 21, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 59, California 73 - November 20, 2014
- Thomas Bryant considering Syracuse, Indiana and Missouri — Cuse Clicks - November 20, 2014
- Lake Forest Academy DL Wesley Annan commits to Stanford — Cuse Clicks - November 19, 2014