Former Syracuse point guard Scoop Jardine could be back on SNY as a college basketball analyst.
Jardine made his debut as a television commentator on SNY’s Big East Preview show on Wednesday, and did some of the pre-and post-game analysis with co-hosts Gary Apple, Lenn Robbins and Tarik Turner.
“Absolutely, if the opportunitiy presents itself down the road,” SNY Big East studio producer Steve Hauser said in regards to Jardine coming back to SNY. “Scoop seemed to get more and more comfortable as the night progressed.”
Jardine also had a nice rapport with Apple, who has also a Syracuse graduate.
“It was a good little team we assembled there,” Hauser said. “Gary, being an Syracuse alum himself, made it much more comfortable for Scoop.”
Jardine spent five years in Syracuse, averaging 8.9 points and 4.9 assists per game. He led the Orange to an Elite 8 appearance in his final season, the first time SU went that far since the 2002-03 season.
Jardine worked out for the Utah Jazz in the spring, but broke a bone in his foot during a workout, temporarily derailing his professional basketball career.
Jardine is contemplating a career overseas, but if he decides to stay local, he could see himself on Geico SportsNite, on Big East programming, or on other shows like Daily News Live, Hauser said.
“I thought he did great,” Hauser said. “Very personable. Great personality. Good insight. The key for us is him talking about guys he’s played against the past couple of years. We were breaking that down all night.”
- Syracuse lacrosse goalie Bobby Wardwell: Team motivated to win championship - March 26, 2015
- Syracuse bound Moustapha Diagne’s team loses in T of C — Cuse Clicks - March 24, 2015
- Report: Ron Patterson, BJ Johnson to transfer from Syracuse - March 19, 2015
- 2014-15 Syracuse basketball team report card - March 17, 2015
- Texas Tech jumps into Sedee Keita sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - March 16, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies for win over Johns Hopkins - March 15, 2015
- Scholarship situation still unclear with Syracuse’s recruitment of Thomas Bryant - March 13, 2015
- Moustapha Diagne puts aside Syracuse distractions as team wins North A Title — Cuse Clicks - March 12, 2015
- A quick look at the 2015-16 Syracuse basketball team - March 12, 2015
- Thomas Bryant takes in Indiana game over the weekend — Cuse Clicks - March 9, 2015