Former Syracuse point guard Scoop Jardine could be back on SNY as a college basketball analyst.
Jardine made his debut as a television commentator on SNY’s Big East Preview show on Wednesday, and did some of the pre-and post-game analysis with co-hosts Gary Apple, Lenn Robbins and Tarik Turner.
“Absolutely, if the opportunitiy presents itself down the road,” SNY Big East studio producer Steve Hauser said in regards to Jardine coming back to SNY. “Scoop seemed to get more and more comfortable as the night progressed.”
Jardine also had a nice rapport with Apple, who has also a Syracuse graduate.
“It was a good little team we assembled there,” Hauser said. “Gary, being an Syracuse alum himself, made it much more comfortable for Scoop.”
Jardine spent five years in Syracuse, averaging 8.9 points and 4.9 assists per game. He led the Orange to an Elite 8 appearance in his final season, the first time SU went that far since the 2002-03 season.
Jardine worked out for the Utah Jazz in the spring, but broke a bone in his foot during a workout, temporarily derailing his professional basketball career.
Jardine is contemplating a career overseas, but if he decides to stay local, he could see himself on Geico SportsNite, on Big East programming, or on other shows like Daily News Live, Hauser said.
“I thought he did great,” Hauser said. “Very personable. Great personality. Good insight. The key for us is him talking about guys he’s played against the past couple of years. We were breaking that down all night.”
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: 2016 guard Tyus Battle has ‘great visit’ to Duke - October 28, 2014
- North Carolina State Wolfpack — 2014 Syracuse football scouting report - October 28, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Trevon Duval has ‘pretty good’ visit to Orange Madness - October 27, 2014
- Syracuse 6, Clemson 16 — What we learned - October 27, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 6, Clemson 16 - October 25, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Malachi Richardson among top talent in 8Eye Classic - October 24, 2014
- Philadephia 76ers forward Jerami Grant: I miss ‘everything’ about Syracuse - October 24, 2014
- NCAA investigating Syracuse men’s basketball, football programs - October 24, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Trevon Duval, Nate Pierre-Louis drawing high-major interest - October 20, 2014
- Syracuse 30, Wake Forest 7 — What we learned - October 20, 2014