Former Syracuse point guard Scoop Jardine could be back on SNY as a college basketball analyst.
Jardine made his debut as a television commentator on SNY’s Big East Preview show on Wednesday, and did some of the pre-and post-game analysis with co-hosts Gary Apple, Lenn Robbins and Tarik Turner.
“Absolutely, if the opportunitiy presents itself down the road,” SNY Big East studio producer Steve Hauser said in regards to Jardine coming back to SNY. “Scoop seemed to get more and more comfortable as the night progressed.”
Jardine also had a nice rapport with Apple, who has also a Syracuse graduate.
“It was a good little team we assembled there,” Hauser said. “Gary, being an Syracuse alum himself, made it much more comfortable for Scoop.”
Jardine spent five years in Syracuse, averaging 8.9 points and 4.9 assists per game. He led the Orange to an Elite 8 appearance in his final season, the first time SU went that far since the 2002-03 season.
Jardine worked out for the Utah Jazz in the spring, but broke a bone in his foot during a workout, temporarily derailing his professional basketball career.
Jardine is contemplating a career overseas, but if he decides to stay local, he could see himself on Geico SportsNite, on Big East programming, or on other shows like Daily News Live, Hauser said.
“I thought he did great,” Hauser said. “Very personable. Great personality. Good insight. The key for us is him talking about guys he’s played against the past couple of years. We were breaking that down all night.”
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, Boston College 17 - November 28, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Texas A&M 67 - November 27, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Florida teammates Whittaker, Hawkins hold Syracuse offers - November 27, 2015
- NCAA Appeals Committee restores four scholarships to Syracuse basketball - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Taurean Thompson likes Syracuse, picks up NC State offer - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: How does Shafer firing affect Syracuse recruits? - November 24, 2015
- Syracuse fires football coach Scott Shafer - November 23, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse one of two recruiting Taurean Thompson hardest - November 23, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Elon 55 - November 21, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 29, NC State 42 - November 21, 2015