Former Syracuse point guard Scoop Jardine could be back on SNY as a college basketball analyst.
Jardine made his debut as a television commentator on SNY’s Big East Preview show on Wednesday, and did some of the pre-and post-game analysis with co-hosts Gary Apple, Lenn Robbins and Tarik Turner.
“Absolutely, if the opportunitiy presents itself down the road,” SNY Big East studio producer Steve Hauser said in regards to Jardine coming back to SNY. “Scoop seemed to get more and more comfortable as the night progressed.”
Jardine also had a nice rapport with Apple, who has also a Syracuse graduate.
“It was a good little team we assembled there,” Hauser said. “Gary, being an Syracuse alum himself, made it much more comfortable for Scoop.”
Jardine spent five years in Syracuse, averaging 8.9 points and 4.9 assists per game. He led the Orange to an Elite 8 appearance in his final season, the first time SU went that far since the 2002-03 season.
Jardine worked out for the Utah Jazz in the spring, but broke a bone in his foot during a workout, temporarily derailing his professional basketball career.
Jardine is contemplating a career overseas, but if he decides to stay local, he could see himself on Geico SportsNite, on Big East programming, or on other shows like Daily News Live, Hauser said.
“I thought he did great,” Hauser said. “Very personable. Great personality. Good insight. The key for us is him talking about guys he’s played against the past couple of years. We were breaking that down all night.”
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017