Aside from Syracuse football being ranked in the AP (22) and Coach’s Poll (21) for the first time since 2019, there’s plenty of news to talk about as we do our first roundup of October.
The Orange handed out several offers in the last week, and we start with elite 2024 running back Jordan Marshall from Archbishop (OH) Moeller. Marshall announced last week he picked up an offer from Syracuse, the latest in a line of high-major offers for the four-star prospect who is ranked 186th in his class. Other schools involved include Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio State, South Carolina, Stanford and Tennessee.
As has been the case all season, SU hosted a group of recruits to take in a game-day experience, and one of those prospects was 2024 offensive lineman Marcus Harrison. The Saint Francis (NY) High recruit announced he had picked up a Syracuse offer during his visit, adding to an offer list that already includes Buffalo and Temple.
Of course, Harrison was not the only recruit taking in the blowout over Wagner. Other recruits on campus included:
- Jayden Colon, a 2023 running back from Dickson (NJ) High
- Cam Pragano, a 2023 wide receiver from Lyman (CT) Hall
- Justin Denson, a 2023 wide receiver from La Salle (RI) Academy. Check out The Juice Online’s interview with him.
- Brahim Wynn Jr., a 2024 EDGE from Timber Creek (NJ) High. Check out The Juice Online’s interview with him.
- Paul McClune, a 2024 offensive lineman from Twin Valley (PA) High. Check out The Juice Online’s interview with him.
- Matthias Lighten, a 2024 ATH from Moore (NY) Catholic High
- Christopher Peralta, a 2024 linebacker from Seton Hall (NJ) Prep. Check out The Juice Online’s interview with him.
- Richard Pacheco Jr., a 2025 running back from Moore (NY) Catholic High
In the basketball world, Syracuse offered 2024 guard Jalil Bethea from Archibishop (PA) Wood. He’s rated 91st in his class by 247 Sports and holds offers from Miami, Mississippi State, Pitt, Rutgers and Seton Hall, among others.