Former Syracuse guard and 2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe calls in to talk about Syracuse’s struggles and what it can do to fix its offense. After, editor in chief Brad Bierman then chats about SU’s disappointing loss to Old Dominion.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wesley Cheng: Why is Syracuse struggling so much right now?
Andrew Kouwe: Frank Howard doesn’t seem like he’s 100 percent when you watch the game. When you look at the team, what they struggle with, other than [Tyus] Battle is creating shots. The defenses kind of gear toward that. We really need Howard to create shots for [Elijah] Hughes and for [Oshae] Brissett. You need someone to break down the defense, and that’s where we’re struggling. Of the games we’ve played, the highest assists so far has been six. That’s a lot of one on one, and dribble weave offs. With Howard not being 100 percent, that’s where the offense struggles in having to create good shots.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Former Syracuse guard and 2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe calls in
2. Loss to Old Dominion
3. What can Syracuse do to fix its offense?
4. Oshae Brissett and big men struggles
5. Editor in chief Brad Bierman calls in
6. What happened against the Monarchs?
7. Is Syracuse a bubble team again?
8. Closing thoughts and wrap up