Before he could even walk Jamal Murray had a basketball in his hands. His father Roger used to spend hours playing pickup games at a local gym in Kitchener and would often bring his newborn son along and give him a ball to play with while he watched from the sidelines. As Jamal got older the trips to the gym continued – Roger started taking a mini hoop to the court so he could practice shooting while his dad played. From an early age, Roger says, it was obvious his son had a passion for the game. “We used to watch NBA games back in the day and he knew all the players and all their numbers,” Roger Murray said in a recent interview. “I think at four [years old] he knew all the guys that played in the NBA.”
- 2016 guard Jamal Murray excels while staying close to home
- Tyus Battle will participate in Slam Dunk to the Beach
- DE Brandon Ginnetti verbally commits to the Orange
- #CuseTixForKids Redux: Let’s buy some kids some season tickets
- How much can Carmelo Anthony make as a free agent?
- Kentucky, Louisville in a recruiting battle over Tyus Battle
- After 90 days in Crouse Hospital, Syracuse fan Dan Johnson faces major surgery on Friday