A little incentive went a long way for young Tyus Battle. His dad Gary Battle, an All-American at the University of New Haven, put a basketball in the 5-year-old’s hands and made him a deal. “He said if I could dribble the ball for 30 minutes a day he would take me for ice cream,” Tyus said. “That’s where it all started.” Who knows where it will end, but after the past four months, the trajectory is sky-high for the Gill St. Bernard’s guard.
- Tyus Battle named Courier News boys basketball Player of the Year
- Syracuse basketball heads into the offseason with question marks
- Phil Jackson, Carmelo Anthony have brief talk prior to Knicks/Lakers game
- Big man Baye Moussa Keita bids farewell to Syracuse basketball
- Mo Egger, Dayton fans excited for Flyers in Sweet 16
- Tyler Ennis’ buzzer beater against Pittsburgh named ACC Must-See Moment
- Former Syracuse guard Brandon Triche hopes to become an Italian All-Star
- Syracuse football player Adonis Ameen-Moore ‘dragging guys down the field’
» Related: Syracuse recruiting 2017 New Jersey RB/LB Elijah Barnwell
For more Syracuse coverage, Like our Facebook page and follow us @TheJuiceOnline.