Boeheim’s Army General Manager Kevin Belbey calls in to discuss this year’s alumni team with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Columnist Saugat Sen also calls in after to talk about the down year in Syracuse recruiting.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Boeheim’s Army most recently added Donte Greene, and you’re about to hit your minimum roster requirement. I’m assuming you’re not done adding players.
Kevin Belbey: Definitely not. We’ve got six guys right now. We need one more by June 1 to be eligible. We’ll probably look to have around 8 to 9 guys. Last year, we probably had one or two too many. I think we could use another big guy. Another shooter. Another scorer, so we’ll see. We’ve got a good core six so far, so it’s just adding a couple of guys, and we’ll see where to go from there.
WC: Who’s on your wishlist for this year?
KB: Last year, it was a shot in the dark, it would’ve been Dion Waiters. He didn’t get a ton of interest, it was unfortunate to see, but he had a great year this year, and he’ll wind up getting a nice pay day now, but he’s someone who I wanted to say, ‘Hey, you’re a free agent. What are you up to this weekend? We’re playing in your home town in Philly.’ That was kind of a dream scenario last year. There’s so many great Syracuse guys playing in the NBA and overseas. I’d love to get a guy like Andy Rautins one day. Arinze Onuaku has been in and out of the NBA, but he’s an NBA level center who would do great things in the tournament.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Boeheim’s Army General Manager Kevin Belbey calls in
2. Who else do you want to add?
3. What’s it like in year three?
4. Wishist for this year?
5. The Juice Online columnist Saugat Sen calls in
6. Tucker spurns Syracuse for Duke
7. Cause for concern?
8. Who else in the 2017 pipeline?
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies, but falls short against North Carolina - May 1, 2017
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017