Good luck to former Syracuse guard Michael Gbinije as he leads Team Nigeria against Team USA! On to today’s recruiting links…
Aaron Hackett, a three-star tight end from Venice (Fla.) announced his commitment to Syracuse over the weekend on Twitter. The 2017 prospect was visiting Syracuse, and chose them over offers from Louisville, USF and Florida Atlantic, among others.
However, Syracuse lost out on Potomac running back Tayon Fleet-Davis, when the 2017 prospect committed to Maryland, according to his high school team’s Twitter. He was also weighing offers from Syracuse, Iowa and Indiana. He is rated three stars by 247 Sports.
2017 Ben Davis (Ind.) defensive end Esezi Otomewo is taking a visit to Syracuse, reports Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. He is rated two stars, and holds offers from Iowa State, Buffalo and Miami (OH) among others.
2017 five-star guard Hamidou Diallo from Putnam Science Academy (Conn.) recently sat down with Evan Tomes from NBADraft.net to talk about his experiences in Chile at the U18 Fiba Americas. “Recruiting’s been going great. Couple new schools have contacted me. Arizona State, spoke to the Coach Hurley yesterday,” he said. His offers include Kentucky, Indiana, Duke, Syracuse and Kansas, among many, many others.
According to the Spider Hoop Blog, Nebraska graduate transfer guard Andrew White was on a visit to Richmond over the weekend. One school that has been crossed off his list is Michigan State, according to CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein, but Rothstein also reports that he will be visiting Miami. Syracuse is among the schools that is competing for White’s services.
2017 Virginia three-star athlete Brailyn Franklin narrowed his list to five schools, he tweeted over the weekend. Syracuse is on that list, and it will be competing with Penn State, Maryland, Temple, Syracuse and Virginia Tech.
Have a great start to your week, everyone!
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017