ESPN and SNY’s Eamon McAnaney calls in to chat about the 2016 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Tournament with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to discuss Syracuse’s loss to Maryland.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Syracuse was knocked out of the NCAA Tournament by No. 1 Maryland on Saturday. What happened to the Orange in this game?
Eamon McAnaney: First of all, the committee didn’t do them any favors making them the eight seed. They should’ve been the sixth and Marquette should’ve been the eighth. I don’t think it would’ve changed the first round matchup, but certainly you want to avoid playing Maryland now. Even though Notre Dame beat Syracuse by 10 goals earlier in the year, I’m sure Syracuse would’ve picked Notre Dame in the quarterfinals rather than Maryland. They just want into the best team in the country right now. Maryland is the most complete team.
WC: As the saying goes, death, taxes and Syracuse playing on Memorial Day weekend. Is it time that we revisit this saying with all of the parity in college lacrosse?
EM: Yeah, obviously. Let’s put that streak in perspective. That’s absurd. I don’t care that college lacrosse hadn’t grown that much by then. That’s still absurd for those fans from Central New York to book the Final Four around Memorial Day. It’s not a lock anymore. It’s not a lock for anyone anymore. It wasn’t a lock for Duke when they went eight straight times. Now they’ve lost in the first round two years in a row. These other teams are getting good recruits. It’s no longer a given for Syracuse to pencil themselves into the Final Four.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. ESPN and SNY’s Eamon McAnaney calls in
2. Why did Syracuse lose to Maryland
3. Days of Final Fours over?
4. Surprised about UNC?
5. Final Four predictions
6. Editor in chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. Syracuse’s loss
8. Rebuilding or reloading?
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017