ESPN and SNY’s Eamon McAnaney calls in to chat about the 2016 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Tournament with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to discuss Syracuse’s loss to Maryland.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Syracuse was knocked out of the NCAA Tournament by No. 1 Maryland on Saturday. What happened to the Orange in this game?
Eamon McAnaney: First of all, the committee didn’t do them any favors making them the eight seed. They should’ve been the sixth and Marquette should’ve been the eighth. I don’t think it would’ve changed the first round matchup, but certainly you want to avoid playing Maryland now. Even though Notre Dame beat Syracuse by 10 goals earlier in the year, I’m sure Syracuse would’ve picked Notre Dame in the quarterfinals rather than Maryland. They just want into the best team in the country right now. Maryland is the most complete team.
WC: As the saying goes, death, taxes and Syracuse playing on Memorial Day weekend. Is it time that we revisit this saying with all of the parity in college lacrosse?
EM: Yeah, obviously. Let’s put that streak in perspective. That’s absurd. I don’t care that college lacrosse hadn’t grown that much by then. That’s still absurd for those fans from Central New York to book the Final Four around Memorial Day. It’s not a lock anymore. It’s not a lock for anyone anymore. It wasn’t a lock for Duke when they went eight straight times. Now they’ve lost in the first round two years in a row. These other teams are getting good recruits. It’s no longer a given for Syracuse to pencil themselves into the Final Four.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. ESPN and SNY’s Eamon McAnaney calls in
2. Why did Syracuse lose to Maryland
3. Days of Final Fours over?
4. Surprised about UNC?
5. Final Four predictions
6. Editor in chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. Syracuse’s loss
8. Rebuilding or reloading?
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017