ESPN and SNY’s Eamon McAnaney calls in to chat about the 2016 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Tournament with Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast hosted by SNY.tv. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to discuss Syracuse’s loss to Maryland.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Syracuse was knocked out of the NCAA Tournament by No. 1 Maryland on Saturday. What happened to the Orange in this game?
Eamon McAnaney: First of all, the committee didn’t do them any favors making them the eight seed. They should’ve been the sixth and Marquette should’ve been the eighth. I don’t think it would’ve changed the first round matchup, but certainly you want to avoid playing Maryland now. Even though Notre Dame beat Syracuse by 10 goals earlier in the year, I’m sure Syracuse would’ve picked Notre Dame in the quarterfinals rather than Maryland. They just want into the best team in the country right now. Maryland is the most complete team.
WC: As the saying goes, death, taxes and Syracuse playing on Memorial Day weekend. Is it time that we revisit this saying with all of the parity in college lacrosse?
EM: Yeah, obviously. Let’s put that streak in perspective. That’s absurd. I don’t care that college lacrosse hadn’t grown that much by then. That’s still absurd for those fans from Central New York to book the Final Four around Memorial Day. It’s not a lock anymore. It’s not a lock for anyone anymore. It wasn’t a lock for Duke when they went eight straight times. Now they’ve lost in the first round two years in a row. These other teams are getting good recruits. It’s no longer a given for Syracuse to pencil themselves into the Final Four.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. ESPN and SNY’s Eamon McAnaney calls in
2. Why did Syracuse lose to Maryland
3. Days of Final Fours over?
4. Surprised about UNC?
5. Final Four predictions
6. Editor in chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. Syracuse’s loss
8. Rebuilding or reloading?
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017