Sergio Salcido scored a pair of goals, and assisted on another, during a 6-0 run to close the game as Syracuse snapped a three-game losing streak with a 13-6 win over Hobart.
The Orange took a comfortable 7-3 lead into halftime, led by three goals from Jordan Evans. Hobart nearly erased that lead out of halftime, with Bryan Hancock’s unassisted goal with 12:00 left in the third quarter capping a 4-0 run to pull the Statesmen to within 7-6.
But Syracuse Evan Molloy notched four saves in the third quarter, one of which led to a Salcido goal with 6:49 left in the third quarter to stop the run. Two minutes later, Dylan Donahue scored his 14th goal of the season to put the Orange back up three.
It was all SU from there.
Evans led Syracuse with four goals, while Donahue chipped in a pair of goals and an assist. Seven different SU players notched at least one goal.
Frank Brown had two goals to pace Hobart.
Molloy, making his first career start in place of the struggling Warren Hill, finished with seven saves. Ben Williams won 13 of 21 faceoffs, which led to the Orange outshooting the Statesmen 43-21.
Syracuse returns to action on Tuesday at 7 p.m. on the road against Cornell.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017