The Syracuse women’s basketball team hosted Army at the Carrier Dome and found them to be pleasing guests, as the Orange rolled to a 73-56 victory.
The fourth-seeded Orange (26-7) dominated from the opening tip, rolling up a 23-4 lead at the end of the first quarter and piling up a 30-point lead before halftime. The SU full-court press contributed to forcing 23 turnovers by the Black Knights, who finished their year with a 29-3 record.
Alexis Peterson led the SU attack with 24 points, including a school-best tourney mark of 13-for-13 from the free throw line. Brittney Sykes had 13 points and Briana Day had three blocked shots to go with an 11-point, 12-rebound double-double, her seventh of the season. Cornelia Fondren chipped in with ten points and Brianna Butler secured ten rebounds in the game.
Syracuse will take on the 12th-seeded Albany Great Danes, who took down #5-seed Florida at the Carrier Dome, 61-58. Imani Tate led Albany with 28 points in the game. The SU-Albany game will be on Sunday, with game time and television coverage to be determined.
- Syracuse Rallies, But Falls Short at Miami - October 22, 2017
- No Matter the Appearance, Jim Boeheim Remains the Same - October 21, 2017
- Syracuse football showing improvement in all three phases - October 16, 2017
- Syracuse football pulls off epic upset, toppling No. 2 Clemson - October 14, 2017
- Tale of the talent tape: Clemson vs. (10 years of) Syracuse football - October 12, 2017
- For Syracuse, a slow start, but a good ending against Pittsburgh - October 8, 2017
- Dino Babers is not a magician, Syracuse football still needs time - October 2, 2017
- Penalties prove costly as Syracuse football loses to NC State - October 1, 2017
- How does Syracuse football compare to last year through four games? - September 29, 2017
- Syracuse football shows some spirit but still loses to LSU - September 24, 2017