Snow? Jim Boeheim laughs at your snow… Ok, on to today’s recruiting links:
Stow-Munroe Fall (OH) offensive lineman Mike Miranda tweeted on Thursday that he received his eighth offer from Syracuse. He is rated three stars by Scout, and also holds offers from Boston College and Northwestern.
Syracuse extended an offer to 2017 Cheshire (CT) Academy athlete CJ Holmes, he tweeted. He already holds offers from Maryland, Boston College, Tennessee and Mississippi State.
The Orange is also attempting to form a Southern California pipeline, as it extended an offer to Los Angeles (Calif.) product Deommodore Lenoir, he posted on Twitter. The four-star defensive back has offers from Arizona State, Cal, LSU and UCLA, among others.
2017 Dinwiddle (VA) athlete Tye Freeland, already with offers from Virginia and Wake Forest, also received on from Syracuse, reports Rivals.com’s Adam Friedman.
Scout.com’s Mike McAllister profiles Delaware State defensive end grad transfer Gabe Sherrod, who will be taking his official visit to Syracuse on Feb. 26. “I never thought in a million years I’d have a chance to contribute to a school like Syracuse,” Sherrod said.
He will be one of several prospects visiting Syracuse before the end of the month. Maryland running back Tayon Fleet-Davis tells Rivals.com’s Scott Brown that he has a visit scheduled for Feb. 20. Fleet-Davis has offers from Syracuse, Indiana, Iowa, NC State and Rutgers, among others.
Fleet-Davis will visit with fellow Maryland prospect Myles Wright, Brown also reports. The 2017 tight end prospect currently holds offers from Duke, NC State and Wake Forest.
Finally, Brown also writes that 2017 Don Bosco (NJ) defensive back Haraan Ransom will be at Syracuse on Feb. 27. He doesn’t have any offers yet according to Rivals.
That same day, four-star running back Allen Stritzinger from De La Salle (Mich.) will also be in town, McAllister also reports. The 2017 prospect already holds offers from Michigan, Cincinnati and Central Michigan, among others.
It’s going to be a frigid weekend. Stay warm, everyone!
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017