There was no shortage of recruiting news over the weekend, so let’s get right to it…
Nathaniel (CA) Narbonne athlete Sean Riley flipped his commitment from Arizona to Syracuse, he announced on Twitter on Sunday. He also had offers from Hawaii, San Diego State, Utah and Wyoming.
He was joined by Osceola (Fla.) safety Devon Clarke, who also announced his commitment to Syracuse on Twitter. The three-star defensive back He was also considering offers from Bowling Green, Memphis, Purdue, Tulane and USF.
They joined Cathedral (Ind.) defensive end Kendall Coleman, who flipped from Western Michigan to Syracuse on Friday, he posted on Twitter. He was also considering offers from Ball State and Miami (OH).
It was not all good news for the Orange over the weekend, with 3-star quarterback Lindsey Scott announcing his decommitment on Twitter. Syracuse co-offensive coordinator Sean Lewis had spent a full day with Scott last week, and all reports seemed to indicate that the visit went well. But his depature now leaves the Orange with just one QB (Rex Culpepper) in SU’s 2016 class.
Syracuse also lost out on two-star running back Jawon Hamilton, who committed to UCF over the weekend. The South Dade (Fla.) prospect had originally lined up an official visit to the Orange, but canceled it, reports Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey. He had offers from Louisville, Miami, Kansas and FIU, among others.
De La Salle (Mich.) defensive end Drew Beesley tweeted from his official to Western Michigan on Sunday. The three-star defensive end has his official visit to Syracuse scheduled for the weekend of Jan. 29. He also holds offers from Toledo, Bowling Green and Air Force.
Former Syracuse recruit Tyler Thompson announced his commitment to UMass over the weekend. The three-star running back also had offers from Boston College, Virginia, Vanderbilt and Pitt, among others.
2016 three-star offensive lineman Luke Campbell from Olentangy (OH) tweeted that he picked up three offers from Maryland, Iowa and Syracuse over the weekend. He is currently committed to Purdue.
One basketball note for the day: 2016 big man Taurean Thompson is still strongly considering Syracuse, Seton Hall and Providence, he tells SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria.
That’s all for today. In closing, I wanted to recognize Martin Luther King for all of his accomplishments in his lifetime that continue to leave a legacy in this country. See you all tomorrow!
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017