There was no shortage of recruiting news over the weekend, so let’s get right to it…
Nathaniel (CA) Narbonne athlete Sean Riley flipped his commitment from Arizona to Syracuse, he announced on Twitter on Sunday. He also had offers from Hawaii, San Diego State, Utah and Wyoming.
He was joined by Osceola (Fla.) safety Devon Clarke, who also announced his commitment to Syracuse on Twitter. The three-star defensive back He was also considering offers from Bowling Green, Memphis, Purdue, Tulane and USF.
They joined Cathedral (Ind.) defensive end Kendall Coleman, who flipped from Western Michigan to Syracuse on Friday, he posted on Twitter. He was also considering offers from Ball State and Miami (OH).
It was not all good news for the Orange over the weekend, with 3-star quarterback Lindsey Scott announcing his decommitment on Twitter. Syracuse co-offensive coordinator Sean Lewis had spent a full day with Scott last week, and all reports seemed to indicate that the visit went well. But his depature now leaves the Orange with just one QB (Rex Culpepper) in SU’s 2016 class.
Syracuse also lost out on two-star running back Jawon Hamilton, who committed to UCF over the weekend. The South Dade (Fla.) prospect had originally lined up an official visit to the Orange, but canceled it, reports Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey. He had offers from Louisville, Miami, Kansas and FIU, among others.
De La Salle (Mich.) defensive end Drew Beesley tweeted from his official to Western Michigan on Sunday. The three-star defensive end has his official visit to Syracuse scheduled for the weekend of Jan. 29. He also holds offers from Toledo, Bowling Green and Air Force.
Former Syracuse recruit Tyler Thompson announced his commitment to UMass over the weekend. The three-star running back also had offers from Boston College, Virginia, Vanderbilt and Pitt, among others.
2016 three-star offensive lineman Luke Campbell from Olentangy (OH) tweeted that he picked up three offers from Maryland, Iowa and Syracuse over the weekend. He is currently committed to Purdue.
One basketball note for the day: 2016 big man Taurean Thompson is still strongly considering Syracuse, Seton Hall and Providence, he tells SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria.
That’s all for today. In closing, I wanted to recognize Martin Luther King for all of his accomplishments in his lifetime that continue to leave a legacy in this country. See you all tomorrow!
- Recruiting Roundup: Decision day for Hugh Davis, Syracuse re-offers Jo-El Shaw - May 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 running back Jawhar Jordan commits to Syracuse - May 25, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017