WHAT HAPPENED: Syracuse saw its 15 point halftime lead sliced in half, with Boston College pulling to within 35-28 with 14:54 left on the strength of a 9-0 run. But SU regrouped immediately, going on an 11-0 run capped by a Trevor Cooney layup with 8:16 left to return SU’s lead to 46-30 and Boston College never threatened after that.
ANALYSIS: It wasn’t pretty, but Syracuse got the win it so badly needed, halting a four-game losing streak and picking up its first ACC win of the season. The Orange struggled from downtown, hitting just 4 of its 17 attempts. But it more than made up for it by getting inside, shooting over 60 percent from inside the arc. SU also stymied any BC attack, holding the Eagles to 31.9 percent shooting from the field and 6 for 26 shooting from 3-point land while forcing 16 turnovers.
HERO: Tyler Roberson notched a double-double, finishing with 10 points and 12 rebounds, but was saddled with foul trouble and sat for most of the second half. That led to extended minutes for Dajuan Coleman, who logged 26 minutes in his place one game after playing 27 minutes against UNC. Coleman finished with 11 points and five rebounds, playing nearly the entire second half.
ZERO: BC forward Dennis Clifford missed all four of his field goal attempts and also had a game-high five turnovers. The Eagles were also outrebounded by SU, with the Orange holding a +8 margin on the boards.
WHAT’S NEXT: Syracuse travels to play Wake Forest on Saturday for a noon game against the Demon Deacons. TV: ACC Network.
- Clemson Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 25, 2017
- Zaire Franklin — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - July 18, 2017
- Pittsburgh Panthers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 17, 2017
- NC State Wolfpack — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 10, 2017
- Ryan Blackwell on Boeheim’s Army, Mike Hopkins leaving, favorite Syracuse moment - July 7, 2017
- LSU Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 29, 2017
- Scoop Bradshaw — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: NJ wide receiver Taj Harris commits to Syracuse - June 26, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017