WHAT HAPPENED: Syracuse saw its 15 point halftime lead sliced in half, with Boston College pulling to within 35-28 with 14:54 left on the strength of a 9-0 run. But SU regrouped immediately, going on an 11-0 run capped by a Trevor Cooney layup with 8:16 left to return SU’s lead to 46-30 and Boston College never threatened after that.
ANALYSIS: It wasn’t pretty, but Syracuse got the win it so badly needed, halting a four-game losing streak and picking up its first ACC win of the season. The Orange struggled from downtown, hitting just 4 of its 17 attempts. But it more than made up for it by getting inside, shooting over 60 percent from inside the arc. SU also stymied any BC attack, holding the Eagles to 31.9 percent shooting from the field and 6 for 26 shooting from 3-point land while forcing 16 turnovers.
HERO: Tyler Roberson notched a double-double, finishing with 10 points and 12 rebounds, but was saddled with foul trouble and sat for most of the second half. That led to extended minutes for Dajuan Coleman, who logged 26 minutes in his place one game after playing 27 minutes against UNC. Coleman finished with 11 points and five rebounds, playing nearly the entire second half.
ZERO: BC forward Dennis Clifford missed all four of his field goal attempts and also had a game-high five turnovers. The Eagles were also outrebounded by SU, with the Orange holding a +8 margin on the boards.
WHAT’S NEXT: Syracuse travels to play Wake Forest on Saturday for a noon game against the Demon Deacons. TV: ACC Network.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017