WHAT HAPPENED: Syracuse saw its 15 point halftime lead sliced in half, with Boston College pulling to within 35-28 with 14:54 left on the strength of a 9-0 run. But SU regrouped immediately, going on an 11-0 run capped by a Trevor Cooney layup with 8:16 left to return SU’s lead to 46-30 and Boston College never threatened after that.
ANALYSIS: It wasn’t pretty, but Syracuse got the win it so badly needed, halting a four-game losing streak and picking up its first ACC win of the season. The Orange struggled from downtown, hitting just 4 of its 17 attempts. But it more than made up for it by getting inside, shooting over 60 percent from inside the arc. SU also stymied any BC attack, holding the Eagles to 31.9 percent shooting from the field and 6 for 26 shooting from 3-point land while forcing 16 turnovers.
HERO: Tyler Roberson notched a double-double, finishing with 10 points and 12 rebounds, but was saddled with foul trouble and sat for most of the second half. That led to extended minutes for Dajuan Coleman, who logged 26 minutes in his place one game after playing 27 minutes against UNC. Coleman finished with 11 points and five rebounds, playing nearly the entire second half.
ZERO: BC forward Dennis Clifford missed all four of his field goal attempts and also had a game-high five turnovers. The Eagles were also outrebounded by SU, with the Orange holding a +8 margin on the boards.
WHAT’S NEXT: Syracuse travels to play Wake Forest on Saturday for a noon game against the Demon Deacons. TV: ACC Network.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 99, Boston University 77 - December 10, 2016
- Coleman’s recent uptick could be Syracuse’s best since Christmas - December 7, 2016
- After loss to UConn, Syracuse’s Lydon vows to be more aggressive - December 6, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Connecticut 52 - December 5, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, North Florida 71 - December 3, 2016
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016