A very happy birthday goes to Chino Obokoh, who went into #BeastMode last night against Montana State. You can’t stop him; you can only hope to contain him. On to today’s recruiting links…
Columbus (Fla.) defensive end Joshua Uche picked up an offer from Michigan on Monday, writes 247 Sports’ Ryan Bartow. The 3-star class of 2016 prospect decommitted from Miami in November, and received an in-home visit from the new Syracuse coaching staff in early December. He also holds offers from Albama, Miami, UNC and Auburn, among others.
2016 ATH commit Carl Jones spoke with Syracuse.com’s Nate Mink about his recruiting process. Jones is SU’s most recent commit, and said he liked the vision that new coach Dino Babers sold him. “The program is going up,” Jones said. “He said he doesn’t plan on leaving Syracuse. I like that a lot.”
Drew Beesley announced his decommitment from Bowling Green over the weekend, and now he’s looking to set up January visits, writes Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. One of the schools he will be looking at is Syracuse. The 2016 De La Salle (Mich.) prospect is rated three stars by Scout, and holds offers from Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan and Toledo, among others.
Syracuse commit Monquavion Brinson will participate in the Florida vs. Georgia All-Star game on Dec. 30, writes Rivals.com’s Scott Brown. Brinson, a three-star defensive back, is still committed to Syracuse, but earlier reports say that he will be taking visits to Indiana and Louisville.
That’s all the recruiting news for today. If you’re looking around for a good story, check out this Vine of Florida guard Zach Hodskins. He was born with only one hand and scored his first college basket on Tuesday.
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017