A very happy birthday goes to former Syracuse star Dion Waiters! On to today’s recruiting links…
Miami (Fla.) defensive end Joshua Uche received a visit from Syracuse on Wednesday, he wrote on Twitter. The 2016 three-star prospect also holds offers from Albama, Florida, Miami, Bowling Green and Syracuse, among others.
2016 Georgia OLB/nickel Will Harper announced his decommitment from Syracuse on Thursday morning via Twitter. Citing ‘coaching changes,’ Harper decided to explore other options. He also has offers from Navy, Kent State and Western Kentucky, among others.
3-star Brooklyn wide receiver Ahmed Bah decommitted from Rutgers earlier in the week, and now Rivals.com’s Scott Brown writes that Syracuse is showing interest. He also holds offers from Connecticut and Wagner.
Youngstown Cardinal Mooney senior linebacker Andrew Armstrong decommitted from Bowling Green, and may be looking toward Syracuse, writes Scout.com’s Bill Greene. He also holds offers from Cincinnati and Wake Forest. “I would definitely consider Syracuse, because I have a great relationship with that staff,” Armstrong said.
Camden (N.J.) defensive end Jamal Holloway appears to be fully on board with the new Syracuse coaching staff. He tweeted a picture of his in-home visit with the Syracuse coaching staff on Thursday, calling the visit “excellent.”
One basketball note for today: SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, writes that Syracuse is among the schools pursuing elite 2017 guard Trevon Duval the most. The other schools Duval mentioned include Arizona, Maryland, Louisville, Villanova, and Baylor.
We close on a sad note, as we send our thoughts and prayers to NBA legend Dolph Schayes, who passed away earlier today after a long battle with cancer. He was a member of the 1955 NBA champion Syracuse Nationals and a 12-time All-Star. His son, Danny, played in the NBA from 1981 to 1999 and also played for the Orangemen. That’s all for today. See you all tomorrow.
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017