Best of luck to former Syracuse coach Scott Shafer as he takes over as the defensive coordinator at Maryland. On to today’s recruiting links…
Now that Dino Babers has been formally introduced as head coach of Syracuse, he has been reaching out to verbal commits from Shafer’s regime, and other recruits, as well. One such recruit is quarterback Anthony Brown. The dual-threat signal caller committed to Boston College over Syracuse over the summer, but Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey reports that the new coaching staff has reached out to Brown.
Babers may immediately flip three-star wide receiver Terrance Landers from Bowling Green to Syracuse. Landers told Rivals.com’s Scott Brown that he decommitted from BGSU, likely because Babers had previously said he wouldn’t attempt to flip any currently committed BGSU prospects.
Another potential target Babers’ staff may look into his Fishers (Ind.) Hamilton Southeastern outside linebacker/defensive end Collin Miller. He decommitted from Purdue on Monday according to 24/7 Sports’ Steve Wiltfong, and holds offers from Syracuse and Mississippi State.
Newly minted assistant coaches Sean Lewis and Kim McCloud also reached out to prized H-back commit Moe Neal, writes the Daily Orange’s Paul Schwedelson. McCloud will be meeting Neal in person today.
Syracuse offensive line commit Sam Heckel said over the weekend that he would be fielding calls from other schools given the uncertain coaching situation at SU. But with Babers in the fold, Heckel tells Scout.com’s Mike McAllister that he is “99 percent” certain that he will honor his commitment. Bailey adds that the coaching staff will be out to visit both Heckel and prized quarterback commit Rex Culpepper.
Jamal Holloway, a three-star defensive end commit from New Jersey also heard from the coaching staff, his mother wrote on Twitter. “He heard from Cuse early this morning!!” she writes. Holloway was also considering offers from Temple and Michigan State, among others.
That’s all for today. Enjoy your Tuesdays, everyone.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017