Best of luck to former Syracuse coach Scott Shafer as he takes over as the defensive coordinator at Maryland. On to today’s recruiting links…
Now that Dino Babers has been formally introduced as head coach of Syracuse, he has been reaching out to verbal commits from Shafer’s regime, and other recruits, as well. One such recruit is quarterback Anthony Brown. The dual-threat signal caller committed to Boston College over Syracuse over the summer, but Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey reports that the new coaching staff has reached out to Brown.
Babers may immediately flip three-star wide receiver Terrance Landers from Bowling Green to Syracuse. Landers told Rivals.com’s Scott Brown that he decommitted from BGSU, likely because Babers had previously said he wouldn’t attempt to flip any currently committed BGSU prospects.
Another potential target Babers’ staff may look into his Fishers (Ind.) Hamilton Southeastern outside linebacker/defensive end Collin Miller. He decommitted from Purdue on Monday according to 24/7 Sports’ Steve Wiltfong, and holds offers from Syracuse and Mississippi State.
Newly minted assistant coaches Sean Lewis and Kim McCloud also reached out to prized H-back commit Moe Neal, writes the Daily Orange’s Paul Schwedelson. McCloud will be meeting Neal in person today.
Syracuse offensive line commit Sam Heckel said over the weekend that he would be fielding calls from other schools given the uncertain coaching situation at SU. But with Babers in the fold, Heckel tells Scout.com’s Mike McAllister that he is “99 percent” certain that he will honor his commitment. Bailey adds that the coaching staff will be out to visit both Heckel and prized quarterback commit Rex Culpepper.
Jamal Holloway, a three-star defensive end commit from New Jersey also heard from the coaching staff, his mother wrote on Twitter. “He heard from Cuse early this morning!!” she writes. Holloway was also considering offers from Temple and Michigan State, among others.
That’s all for today. Enjoy your Tuesdays, everyone.
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017