Let’s start today by wishing the SU field hockey team good luck, as they play their national semifinal game on Friday. No Syracuse women’s team has ever won a title. On to today’s recruiting links…
Tyus Battle made it official on Wednesday, inking an LOI with Syracuse. The 2016 5-star guard had originally committed to Michigan over the summer before flipping to SU. “It’s just making a commitment to both the school and to myself,” he said to Syracuse.com’s Donna Ditota. “So it was very emotional for me, for my family.” It’s also worth checking out Scout.com’s spotlight on Battle.
2016 linebacker Jonathan Jones from Oak Ridge (FL) has plenty of college options, including Michigan. Head coach Jim Harbaugh and the Wolverine coaching staff sent a pair of photos to Jones on Wednesday to wish him a happy birthday, which Jones posted on Twitter. Jones has over 20 scholarship offers, including Syracuse, Michigan, Notre Dame, Stanford and Duke.
One of Jones’ teammates, Tyrek Tisdale, released his HUDL highlights this morning. The 2016 Oak Ridge (FL) all-purpose back visited Syracuse with teammates Jones and Cycoby Burch over the weekend for the Clemson game. Tisdale has a large list of offers, including Florida, Miami, Ohio State and Pitt, among others.
2019 quarterback Josh Comune also released a new highlight reel on HUDL on Wednesday evening. Comune previously visited Syracuse over the summer. According to 24/7 Sports, Comune has interest from Boston College, North Carolina, Rutgers and the Orange.
Michael Porter Jr. tells Jason Jordan from USA Today that he will wants to participate in the early signing period next year. “I just can’t see myself having that big decision over my head going into my senior season,” Porter said. The 2017 big man is rated No. 3 in his class and has drawn interest from nearly every high-major, including Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, Virginia, Missouri and Syracuse.
That’s all for today. Enjoy your Thursday, everyone!
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Georgetown 78 - December 17, 2016