We made it to the end of the week, everyone! Let’s get right to our recruiting links today…
On Wednesday, Xavier landed a commitment from 2016 center Eddie Ekiyor, who had one time had shown interest in Syracuse. The commitment of Ekiyor should help Syracuse in its pursuit of 2016 big man Taurean Thompson. Thompson holds an offer from Syracuse and was also strongly considering Xavier, but that now doesn’t appear to be an option. Rutgers and Maryland are among the schools also pursuing Thompson.
Another 2016 big man came off the board Thursday morning, with La Porte (IN) La Lumiere School’s James Banks pledging to Texas. Banks held a wide range of offers from high-majors, including Vanderbilt, Cincinnati, Georgetown, Memphis, Notre Dame and Syracuse according to 247 Sports.
Maryland assistant coach Bino Ranson was on hand to watch Jordan Tucker on Thursday, reports Varsity Insider’s Josh Thomson. The 2017 four-star wing has offers from a slew of high-majors, including Syracuse, Arizona State, Oklahoma, UConn, Villanova, St. John’s, Indiana, Miami, Alabama and Oregon.
2018 point guard Immanuel Quickley will take an unofficial visit to Duke Madness Oct. 17, and on Oct. 31, he will visit St. John’s, reports Scout.com’s Evan Daniels. Early on, Quickley has drawn interest from those two schools, as well as Syracuse, Maryland, Cincinnati and Washington.
In football, Scout.com’s Greg Powers caught up with Jalen Mayden, a 6-foot-2, 200-pound quarterback from Sachse (Texas). He’s a 2018 four-star player who already holds offers from Houston, Oregon State and Syracuse.
2016 three-star JUCO defensive back Devron Davis trimmed his list to seven schools on Thursday night, but Syracuse was not among the group. His final list includes Oregon, UCLA, Nebraska, Michigan State, Arizona State, Cal and Mizzou.
Tyrek Tisdale tweeted on Thursday night that he received an offer from the “University of Syracuse.” Scout.com’s Mike McAllister reported earlier this week that Tisdale would be taking a trip to Syracuse on Nov. 14 for the Clemson game. The 2016 three-star all-purpose back has a large list of offers, including Florida, Miami, Ohio State and Pitt, among others, according to 247 Sports.
Moe Neal will face a tough North Gaston defense this week, writes the Gaston Gazette’s Jack Flagler. The Syracuse commit has been on a tear lately, amassing 481 yards and six TDs in his last two games. He’s now 4,000-yards rushing in his high school career.
That’s all for today. Have a great weekend, everyone.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016