Let’s start today by celebrating the #DixonForHeisman campaign reaching the national media. ESPN’s Dave Hale did a work up of Riley Dixon’s hurdle play against LSU over the weekend, writing that the “Heisman love is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but there’s some merit to the hype.” On to today’s links…
2017 OL Kadeem Telfort announced on his Twitter page that he had received an offer from Syracuse on Wednesday afternoon. The three-star tackle from Norland (Fla.) is 6’6″ and weighs 306 pounds. Telford committed to Florida in July over offers from Louisville, Miami, NC State and West Virginia, according to 247 Sports.
The No. 1 TE of 2015, Chris Clark, will be visiting Syracuse on Sunday and Monday, reports Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. Clark already knows current SU players Jake Pickard and Anthony Giudice, and gave them a special shoutout on Twitter, saying that he would “see you boys soon.” Clark also will make visits to Pittsburgh, Virginia and NC State.
USA Today’s Jason Jordan profiles new hoops power Advanced Prep International, which picked up a huge transfer over the summer in elite 2017 guard Trevon Duval. “My parents checked in to everything and we felt like this was a great situation for me,” Duval says. “It feels good to be a part of something that’s brand new.” Duval is a priority target for the Orange in the 2017 cycle.
Another story from USA Today, this time from Larry Berger, writes about Syracuse commit Tyus Battle. Battle transferred to St. Joseph’s in the offseason and is expecting ‘great things.’ “Winning the TOC (Tournament of Champions) title is the ultimate goal. I have been striving for that for the past few years,” Battle said. Battle is rated the No. 36 recruit overall in the 2016 class according to ESPN.
Kansas assistant coach Norm Roberts saw two 2017 prospects on Tuesday, reports 247 Sports’ Matt Scott. His first stop was to see SG Hamidou Diallo, who picked up an offer from Syracuse last week and also has offers from Florida, Villanova, Maryland, Louisville, N.C. State, Indiana and UConn. Roberts then watched big man Nick Richards, who holds offers from Kansas, Indiana, Kentucky, UCLA, Villanova and Syracuse.
To round out today, Jim Boeheim will appeal his nine-game ACC suspension after Larry Brown was handed a similar suspension earlier in the week. That’s all for today. Have a great Thursday, everyone.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 68, Louisville 88 - February 26, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 78, Duke 75 - February 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 65, Georgia Tech 71 - February 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Louisville 76 (OT) - February 13, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 82, Clemson 81 - February 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Virginia 62 - February 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 100, NC State 93 OT - February 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse announces 2017 class - February 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 82, Florida State 72 - January 28, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Wake Forest 76 - January 24, 2017