Let’s start today by celebrating the #DixonForHeisman campaign reaching the national media. ESPN’s Dave Hale did a work up of Riley Dixon’s hurdle play against LSU over the weekend, writing that the “Heisman love is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but there’s some merit to the hype.” On to today’s links…
2017 OL Kadeem Telfort announced on his Twitter page that he had received an offer from Syracuse on Wednesday afternoon. The three-star tackle from Norland (Fla.) is 6’6″ and weighs 306 pounds. Telford committed to Florida in July over offers from Louisville, Miami, NC State and West Virginia, according to 247 Sports.
The No. 1 TE of 2015, Chris Clark, will be visiting Syracuse on Sunday and Monday, reports Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. Clark already knows current SU players Jake Pickard and Anthony Giudice, and gave them a special shoutout on Twitter, saying that he would “see you boys soon.” Clark also will make visits to Pittsburgh, Virginia and NC State.
USA Today’s Jason Jordan profiles new hoops power Advanced Prep International, which picked up a huge transfer over the summer in elite 2017 guard Trevon Duval. “My parents checked in to everything and we felt like this was a great situation for me,” Duval says. “It feels good to be a part of something that’s brand new.” Duval is a priority target for the Orange in the 2017 cycle.
Another story from USA Today, this time from Larry Berger, writes about Syracuse commit Tyus Battle. Battle transferred to St. Joseph’s in the offseason and is expecting ‘great things.’ “Winning the TOC (Tournament of Champions) title is the ultimate goal. I have been striving for that for the past few years,” Battle said. Battle is rated the No. 36 recruit overall in the 2016 class according to ESPN.
Kansas assistant coach Norm Roberts saw two 2017 prospects on Tuesday, reports 247 Sports’ Matt Scott. His first stop was to see SG Hamidou Diallo, who picked up an offer from Syracuse last week and also has offers from Florida, Villanova, Maryland, Louisville, N.C. State, Indiana and UConn. Roberts then watched big man Nick Richards, who holds offers from Kansas, Indiana, Kentucky, UCLA, Villanova and Syracuse.
To round out today, Jim Boeheim will appeal his nine-game ACC suspension after Larry Brown was handed a similar suspension earlier in the week. That’s all for today. Have a great Thursday, everyone.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016