It’s a great day to be a college sports fan, that is, unless you’re SMU, who got slammed by the NCAA on Tuesday morning. SMU was banned from the 2016 postseason and head coach Larry Brown was suspended for 30 percent of games. Yikes. On to today’s recruiting links…
Syracuse will be getting a visit this weekend from the No. 1 tight end in the class of 2015, Chris Clark, writes Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. Clark was recently granted his release by UCLA, and has plans to visit Pittsburgh, Virginia and NC State. Clark had an offer from Syracuse in the 2015 cycle and is friends with current SU players Jake Pickard and Anthony Giudice.
2016 safety Eric Burrell will take his official visit to Wisconsin this weekend, he tweeted Monday evening. Syracuse is in Burrell’s final five schools, along with the Badgers, Nebraska, Duke and Boston College. Scout.com rates Burrell at three stars, and the No. 29 safety in his class.
2016 Syracuse h-back commit Moe Neal had a breakout game against Lake Norman Charter on Monday. Neal rushed for 245 yards and four touchdowns as Forestview won 33-7. Neal displayed his versatility as well, hauling a 30-yard TD reception.
In basketball, Syracuse offered 5-star 2017 wing Kevin Knox, according to his Twitter feed. Knox has a long offer list, including Florida State, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Texas Tech and Virginia Tech, with him leaning toward FSU according to 24/7 Sports.
Villanova and Indiana will watch Trevon Duval this week, says 24/7 Sports’ Andrew Slater. Duval remains a priority target for Syracuse, but Duval has offers from many other schools, including Arizona, UCLA, California, Louisville and St. John’s.
One final note for today: With the NBA preseason about to start, one writer debates the kind of legacy former SU star Carmelo Anthony will leave, especially with his window for being an elite player closing quickly. It’s an interesting read. Have a great day, everyone!
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017