Former Syracuse kicker Ricky Krautman calls in to chat about his coaching career and this year’s football team with Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to talk about Syracuse’s 3-0 start.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: What do you think about the game this weekend against No. 13 LSU?
Ricky Krautman: They have big LSU coming to town. I’m pretty sure if Syracuse keeps doing the things they’ve been doing, working together as a team, forcing turnovers, and not turning over the ball themselves, and just executing, I think they have a fighting chance against LSU. […] I truly believe Syracuse will give LSU a fighting chance. It will make a real difference going into the ACC schedule and give them confidence playing those games. Hopefully we’ll go to a bowl game. I’m very optimistic about that. Coach Shafer does a great job with those men.
WC: What do you think of Syracuse’s current kickers, Riley Dixon and Cole Murphy?
RK: Riley Dixon I know personally. He’s a great person. He’s done very well the past several years. He’s going to do better as a punter and he’s a confident kid. Cole Murphy as well. A lot of the freshman kickers very well. I’ve been really impressed with his technique, his demeanor and his desire to help the team win. Both of them have done a great job of helping the team.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Former Syracuse kicker Ricky Krautman calls in
2. Post-playing career
3. What’s Ross up to?
4. Talking Syracuse kickers and the season
5. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
6. 3-0 start
7. Any shot against LSU?
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017