Former Syracuse kicker Ricky Krautman calls in to chat about his coaching career and this year’s football team with Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to talk about Syracuse’s 3-0 start.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: What do you think about the game this weekend against No. 13 LSU?
Ricky Krautman: They have big LSU coming to town. I’m pretty sure if Syracuse keeps doing the things they’ve been doing, working together as a team, forcing turnovers, and not turning over the ball themselves, and just executing, I think they have a fighting chance against LSU. […] I truly believe Syracuse will give LSU a fighting chance. It will make a real difference going into the ACC schedule and give them confidence playing those games. Hopefully we’ll go to a bowl game. I’m very optimistic about that. Coach Shafer does a great job with those men.
WC: What do you think of Syracuse’s current kickers, Riley Dixon and Cole Murphy?
RK: Riley Dixon I know personally. He’s a great person. He’s done very well the past several years. He’s going to do better as a punter and he’s a confident kid. Cole Murphy as well. A lot of the freshman kickers very well. I’ve been really impressed with his technique, his demeanor and his desire to help the team win. Both of them have done a great job of helping the team.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Former Syracuse kicker Ricky Krautman calls in
2. Post-playing career
3. What’s Ross up to?
4. Talking Syracuse kickers and the season
5. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
6. 3-0 start
7. Any shot against LSU?
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017