Former Syracuse kicker Ricky Krautman calls in to chat about his coaching career and this year’s football team with Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to talk about Syracuse’s 3-0 start.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: What do you think about the game this weekend against No. 13 LSU?
Ricky Krautman: They have big LSU coming to town. I’m pretty sure if Syracuse keeps doing the things they’ve been doing, working together as a team, forcing turnovers, and not turning over the ball themselves, and just executing, I think they have a fighting chance against LSU. […] I truly believe Syracuse will give LSU a fighting chance. It will make a real difference going into the ACC schedule and give them confidence playing those games. Hopefully we’ll go to a bowl game. I’m very optimistic about that. Coach Shafer does a great job with those men.
WC: What do you think of Syracuse’s current kickers, Riley Dixon and Cole Murphy?
RK: Riley Dixon I know personally. He’s a great person. He’s done very well the past several years. He’s going to do better as a punter and he’s a confident kid. Cole Murphy as well. A lot of the freshman kickers very well. I’ve been really impressed with his technique, his demeanor and his desire to help the team win. Both of them have done a great job of helping the team.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Former Syracuse kicker Ricky Krautman calls in
2. Post-playing career
3. What’s Ross up to?
4. Talking Syracuse kickers and the season
5. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
6. 3-0 start
7. Any shot against LSU?
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016