Before we get to the recruiting links today, I wanted to first start off by sending my best wishes to Syracuse legend Pearl Washington. Peter Vecsey tweeted that Washington has a malignant brain tumor, which could not be entirely removed during brain surgery. Please continue to show your support for him by using the hashtag #PrayersForPearl. It is on that sad note that we proceed to the recruiting links for the day…
The fall out from the Robert Washington decommitment has begun. Syracuse is in the market for a featured back, and there are a couple of options around. Rivals.com’s Scott Brown says that Kansas State commit Tre Bryant is still solid in his commitment. He spurned SU earlier in the year because he wanted to be a featured back, but was only recruited for the hybrid position.
Another option could be one time Syracuse target and Illinois RB Kentrail Moran. But Moran tweeted “we still good” with a picture of the Illinois logo in the background on Sunday. Moran announced his commitment in March over Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisville, Northern Illinois and Syracuse.
Expect Syracuse to renew their pursuit of Ocean Township (NJ) running back Tyler Thompson. Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey caught up with Thompson on Monday, and Thompson mentioned he hadn’t heard from Syracuse since the start of summer, but that will probably change soon. Thompson has high interest in the Orange, but Bailey warns that his academics will need to improve. He also has offers from Temple, Old Dominion and Boston College.
One final note on football: 2016 outside linebacker Davvel Moore-Meeks was profiled by Scout.com’s Bill Greene. Moore-Meeks impressed in his opening game of the season, and discussed the latest in his recruiting process. “I have offers from Syracuse, Bowling Green and Toledo,” he explained. “My family and I talk about it every day, and I’m planning on visiting all three schools. I’m hoping this game gets some other schools interested in me as a player.”
Switching to basketball, Scout.com has new videos for 2016 Syracuse commit Matt Moyer and 2017 target Trevon Duval. Rob Harrington writes that Moyer has added “an improved face-up game” and has also been working on his jumper, which extends out to 17 feet. As for Duval, Josh Greshon has his highlights from adidas Nations and mentions that Syracuse, Villanova, Oregon, Indiana, Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, Louisville, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, UCLA and St. John’s are all in the mix.
Enjoy the first day of September, everyone.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017