ESPN.com’s Andrea Adelson calls in to chat about the upcoming football season with Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Senior Columnist Jim Stechschulte calls in after to preview the Syracuse football team.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: I wanted to get your take on Syracuse. Best case scenario, Syracuse makes a bowl game. Worst case, they end up with a season like 2014. Where do you fall in this spectrum, and what needs to go right for Syracuse this year to be successful?
Andrea Adelson: I’ve been going back and forth on Syracuse as I look at the schedule. There was a national reporter who said it sets up well for Syracuse to start off potentially 5-1, 6-1 when you look at the beginning part of the schedule. But there is just so much youth on this team on defense. And the fact that they’ve had several key starters on the defense line not being able to participate this preseason has left me scratching my head a little bit about what we’re going to see out of Syracuse in the early going on defense.
Especially because this team has relied on that defense so much over these last several seasons, and even though there was all those injuries on the offense last season, the defense played pretty well and held its own. It’s just that they couldn’t score because they were down to their fourth string quarterback. I think the offense will be improved. I like what I’ve heard out of Terrel Hunt. I like what I’ve heard out of the coaches in that they’re going to be a lot more multiple, in the words of Scott Shafer this season, but based on those questions on defense, I think if Syracuse can go 5-7, that’s going to be a vast improvement over a year ago. I think going to a bowl game at this point given what’s on the back half of the schedule and also all of those questions on defense is going to be really hard.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. ESPN.com’s Andrea Adelson calls in
2. Sleeper team in the ACC?
3. Most anticipated ACC game
4. Prediction for Syracuse
5. Juice Online Senior Columnist Jim Stechschulte calls in
6. Who is SU’s most important player?
7. How many wins will Syracuse get?
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forwards Tyler Lydon, Andrew White with NBA scout - June 9, 2017
- Central Connecticut State Blue Devils — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 7, 2017