Happy Friday to all of our readers! Let’s get started on a positive note.
Scout.com’s Mike McAllister reports that 2017 running back Kevin Mensah has put the Orange in his top six. Other schools in consideration include BC, Florida, Arizona State, UMass and Florida State. Mensah is a 5’9″, 185 pound running back from Worcester, Mass.
But on the same day, Syracuse lost out on two targets. Former Syracuse star Durell Eskridge’s cousin is heading to Kentucky. Jermaine Eskridge had picked up an offer from Syracuse in May, and many other high majors jumped in, as well. Eskridge selected the Wildcats over Ohio State, Florida State, Michigan and USC, among others. The 2018 WR is ranked the No. 2 wide receiver in his class.
Former Peach State safety target Jarett Cole gave a verbal to Georgia Tech on Thursday afternoon, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Syracuse had already been out of the running for him when he made his final cut, and he was down to the Yellow Jackets and Kansas State. “It’s pretty close to home, and my family gets to see me play. And they play big-time football there,” Cole said.
Scout.com National Recruiting Analyst Brian Dohn profiles 2017 defensive tackle Fred Hansard. The Hun School prospect previously visited Syracuse, and has also taken trips to Temple, Virginia Tech, Penn State and Rutgers. Other high-majors in play for Hansard include Michigan, Miami and Ohio State.
Keep an eye out for 2017 wide receiver Anthony White Jr. from Florida. According to 247 Sports, he currently holds offers from eight schools including Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Illinois, Kentucky, LSU, NC State, South Florida and, of course, Syracuse. Late Wednesday, White tweeted, “Planning To See Syracuse campus.”
On Wednesday, 4-star linebacker Tyshon Fogg took a visit to Rutgers and the next day spoke about the visit with NJ.com’s Todderick Hunt. Fogg grew up just 45 minutes from Rutgers, and he listed that as one of the reasons he’s interested in the school. He also tells Hunt that he doesn’t have a top 10 yet, nor does he have a decision date. Other schools Fogg is considering include Maryland, Stanford, Clemson, Michigan State and Syracuse.
In closing for today, 2017 Syracuse big man offeree Nick Richards just picked up an offer from Arizona according to SNY.tv’s own, Adam Zagoria. The Elizabeth (N.J.) St. Patrick product not only holds an offer from the Orange, but is also considering offers from several other schools, including high-majors Kansas, Indiana and UCLA. Zagoria notes that Richards family isn’t focusing much on recruiting at the moment.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017