The day Battle, a 6-foot-6 five-star wing, opened up his recruitment he also took an official visit to Syracuse. “It was good,” Battle said of his fourth official visit. “I like Syracuse a lot. They have a great staff and coaches. I like Syracuse.” What stood out most about the trip? “Just their coaching staff is really good and it’s probably the closest school to home,” Battle said. “It’s like three hours away. They have a good team. I like Syracuse.”
Syracuse has landed 7-foot-2 Providence transfer Paschal Chukwu, his high school coach confirmed to SNY.tv. Chukwu will sit out the 2015-16 season and have three years to play He visited Iona, Kansas, Nebraska, Virginia and Michigan State before visiting Syracuse this weekend and making his decision.
Syracuse added one of the Midwest’s top interior linemen today when Waukesha West’s Sam Heckel committed to The Orange. Heckel (6-4, 265 pounds) held offers from Virginia, Illinois, Northwestern, Northern Illinois and others. He commits shortly after taking a visit to Syracuse’s campus. “I thought Syracuse had a great upturn and I didn’t want to miss the chance to become a part of it,” he said.
The Jersey City (N.J.) St. Peter’s Prep to Boston College pipeline flowed again Sunday as receiver K.J. Gray announced his commitment to the Eagles. Gray listed Rutgers, Connecticut and Syracuse as his other finalists, but his comfort level with Boston College won out. “When I went up there, I just loved my visit,’” Gray said.
Last time the Henry Herald spoke to rising Luella senior Darius Stubbs, the Lions running back was juggling nine different Division I football offers. The latest had come from Syracuse University, an Atlantic Coast Conference program that in its first two years in the division won 10 games. It turns out that even though the Orange were the last to the party, Stubbs was most impressed by them. He announced via Twitter Friday afternoon that he had verbally committed to Syracuse.
South Brunswick (Monmouth Junction, N.J.) junior safety Phil Campbell, a 6-1, 195-pounder, has committed to Rutgers. A member of the NJ.com Top 50, and also a three-star recruit, Campbell was offered by Rutgers at unofficial visitors weekend. He also holds offers from Pitt, Boston College, Syracuse, West Virginia, Connecticut and Temple.
- Scoop Bradshaw — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: NJ wide receiver Taj Harris commits to Syracuse - June 26, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017