As we countdown to kickoff in September, we’re going to be doing a team-by-team preview each Wednesday over the summer. SU will continue its 2015 non-conference schedule when they play LSU on Sept. 26.
QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY OVER: Well, that’s one way to end a quarterback controversy. Originally, the big question at LSU during the spring was who would be lining up under center this fall between Anthony Jennings and Brandon Harris. But Jennings took himself out of that race after being arrested last week, along with two other teammates. According to reports, Jennings was arrested on a felony charge of unauthorized entry of a dwelling. All three were indefinitely suspended by Miles. “This is an on-going investigation and our players will cooperate fully,” LSU head coach Les Miles said in a release.
WHO TO WATCH FOR: They don’t call it “DB U” for nothing. Cornerback Tre’Davious White leads a defense that allowed an SEC best 164.2 yards per game and figures to be one of the deepest and most talented secondaries in the country. White finished with 33 tackles, six pass breakups and two interceptions last season. Joining White in the secondary are a pair of elite safeties, Jalen Mills and 2014 All-SEC Freshman Team selection Jamal Adams. Overall, the defense allowed 17.5 points per game last year, good for fifth in the country.
PREDICTION: If there was one weakness at LSU last year, it was their lack of a passing game, which averaged just 169 yards per game. But the ground game more than made up for it, with 225 yards pre game, 25th overall in the country. While SU may hang around for a bit, don’t expect the Tigers to get upset in Central New York. LSU 27, SYRACUSE 10.
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forwards Tyler Lydon, Andrew White with NBA scout - June 9, 2017
- Central Connecticut State Blue Devils — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 7, 2017