Frank Darby‘s recruitment took some time to get moving, but the Jersey City (N.J.) Lincoln receiver is now picking up offers and making visits as he looks to wrap up his recruitment by the start of his senior season. Darby, who impressed Rutgers coaches earlier this month during a camp stint, will be at Iowa this weekend. Syracuse, Pittsburgh and Massachusetts are also spending plenty of time speaking with Darby, and a decision is getting closer.
Jordan Tucker, the son of sports agent Lou Tucker, was one of the standout players Wednesday at the NBA Players Top 100 Camp in Charlottesville, leading the Grizzlies to a 52-46 win with 12 points, including two three-pointers and five rebounds and showed a nice passing touch. Several schools are pursuing Tucker, including Arizona, Syracuse, Connecticut, Maryland, Providence, St. John’s, Indiana, Maryland, Kansas, and Villanova. He said he plans on making unofficial visits in August.
Trevon Duval is a ways away from making recruiting decisions. He’s a highly rated Class of 2017 guard who already has scores of big-time college programs after him, but he’s just starting the summer before his junior year of high school. That said, the 6-foot-3 point guard, ranked in the top 20 in the nation by each of the four major recruiting sites, has already established a relationship with Louisville, among several other programs doggedly recruiting him.
Rashawn Battle, a 6-3, 230-pound linebacker from Wallenpaupack (Hawley, Pa.), will visit Rutgers Saturday, accompanied by his head coach Mark Watson, as they are set to arrive on campus around 8 a.m. (ET). The junior recently released a Top 6 list of schools consisting of Rutgers, Pitt, Boston College, Syracuse, Indiana and Old Dominion, but admits Rutgers and Pitt are the two teams on top.
6-foot-3, 194-pound Jordan Mack from Norcross, Georgia, committed to the Cavaliers. UVa was one of four ACC schools who made offers to Mack, according to Rivals.com. The others were Boston College, Georgia Tech and Syracuse. Northwestern, Vanderbilt and Wisconsin were among the 12 Football Bowl Subdivision schools that offered Mack.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017