Frank Darby‘s recruitment took some time to get moving, but the Jersey City (N.J.) Lincoln receiver is now picking up offers and making visits as he looks to wrap up his recruitment by the start of his senior season. Darby, who impressed Rutgers coaches earlier this month during a camp stint, will be at Iowa this weekend. Syracuse, Pittsburgh and Massachusetts are also spending plenty of time speaking with Darby, and a decision is getting closer.
Jordan Tucker, the son of sports agent Lou Tucker, was one of the standout players Wednesday at the NBA Players Top 100 Camp in Charlottesville, leading the Grizzlies to a 52-46 win with 12 points, including two three-pointers and five rebounds and showed a nice passing touch. Several schools are pursuing Tucker, including Arizona, Syracuse, Connecticut, Maryland, Providence, St. John’s, Indiana, Maryland, Kansas, and Villanova. He said he plans on making unofficial visits in August.
Trevon Duval is a ways away from making recruiting decisions. He’s a highly rated Class of 2017 guard who already has scores of big-time college programs after him, but he’s just starting the summer before his junior year of high school. That said, the 6-foot-3 point guard, ranked in the top 20 in the nation by each of the four major recruiting sites, has already established a relationship with Louisville, among several other programs doggedly recruiting him.
Rashawn Battle, a 6-3, 230-pound linebacker from Wallenpaupack (Hawley, Pa.), will visit Rutgers Saturday, accompanied by his head coach Mark Watson, as they are set to arrive on campus around 8 a.m. (ET). The junior recently released a Top 6 list of schools consisting of Rutgers, Pitt, Boston College, Syracuse, Indiana and Old Dominion, but admits Rutgers and Pitt are the two teams on top.
6-foot-3, 194-pound Jordan Mack from Norcross, Georgia, committed to the Cavaliers. UVa was one of four ACC schools who made offers to Mack, according to Rivals.com. The others were Boston College, Georgia Tech and Syracuse. Northwestern, Vanderbilt and Wisconsin were among the 12 Football Bowl Subdivision schools that offered Mack.
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forwards Tyler Lydon, Andrew White with NBA scout - June 9, 2017
- Central Connecticut State Blue Devils — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 7, 2017