Mohamed Bamba holds offers from Kansas, Syracuse, Arizona, UConn, Texas, Villanova, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Penn State, Temple, Seton Hall, James Madison and Yale, and it’s hard to imagine that any college in the country wouldn’t want him on their team. “Mohammed has a a structured plan in his recruitment,” PSA Cardinals coach and Wesleyan University alum Terrance “Munch” Williams recently told SNY.tv. “He will stop taking offers from schools directly after his team plays in the Mokan Elite event in late July.”
Trevon Duval: Duval might be the top point guard in the class of 2017. At 6’3,” Trey has a nose for scoring, primarily doing his damage from the mid-range and in. Although he’s primarily a point guard, he is very comfortable playing off the ball, which may be attributable to playing in both HS and AAU with another point guard. Duval brushed off a bad opening shooting performance and the loss of his best teammate, Quade Green, to help lead We-R1 to a pair of wins.
22 Feet Academy (S.C.) 2016 Sedee Keita scored just four points, but made a strong effort on the glass and the defensive end for Team Inspiration, which lost to Team Bravery, in the underclassmen game. The 6-foot-9, 225-pound center from Middleton, D.E. lists LSU, Kansas, Xavier and Mississippi State as the schools he’s hearing from the most right now. Kansas and LSU are interest-only at the moment, but Xavier and Mississippi State have offered, in addition to schools like Syracuse, Villanova, Iowa State and Memphis.
In going to South Kent (Conn.) Prep school next year, Syracuse basketball recruit Matthew Moyer hopes to follow in the footsteps of a former University of Louisville player. Moyer, a 6-foot-8 forward from Columbus, Ohio, decided to spend his senior year at South Kent to help him prepare for Syracuse and beyond. And his primary example was Russ Smith.
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017