Mohamed Bamba holds offers from Kansas, Syracuse, Arizona, UConn, Texas, Villanova, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Penn State, Temple, Seton Hall, James Madison and Yale, and it’s hard to imagine that any college in the country wouldn’t want him on their team. “Mohammed has a a structured plan in his recruitment,” PSA Cardinals coach and Wesleyan University alum Terrance “Munch” Williams recently told SNY.tv. “He will stop taking offers from schools directly after his team plays in the Mokan Elite event in late July.”
Trevon Duval: Duval might be the top point guard in the class of 2017. At 6’3,” Trey has a nose for scoring, primarily doing his damage from the mid-range and in. Although he’s primarily a point guard, he is very comfortable playing off the ball, which may be attributable to playing in both HS and AAU with another point guard. Duval brushed off a bad opening shooting performance and the loss of his best teammate, Quade Green, to help lead We-R1 to a pair of wins.
22 Feet Academy (S.C.) 2016 Sedee Keita scored just four points, but made a strong effort on the glass and the defensive end for Team Inspiration, which lost to Team Bravery, in the underclassmen game. The 6-foot-9, 225-pound center from Middleton, D.E. lists LSU, Kansas, Xavier and Mississippi State as the schools he’s hearing from the most right now. Kansas and LSU are interest-only at the moment, but Xavier and Mississippi State have offered, in addition to schools like Syracuse, Villanova, Iowa State and Memphis.
In going to South Kent (Conn.) Prep school next year, Syracuse basketball recruit Matthew Moyer hopes to follow in the footsteps of a former University of Louisville player. Moyer, a 6-foot-8 forward from Columbus, Ohio, decided to spend his senior year at South Kent to help him prepare for Syracuse and beyond. And his primary example was Russ Smith.
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Louisville 62 - September 9, 2016