The 5-foot-11, 215-pound Robert Washington, from SouthLake Christian (Huntersville, N.C.) announced his decision Saturday afternoon but not without some major confusion. Washington’s other finalists for the 2016 class included Alabama, Florida, North Carolina and Texas Christian. Initially, a pre-recorded video in which Washington said he had committed to Florida was released, but at his news conference Washington chose Syracuse.
Kassoum Yakwe’s stock is exploding. The 6-foot-7, 205-pound forward from the PSA Cardinals has played well at the Nike EYBL stop in Lexington and now has more than 15 high-major programs “very involved,” a source told SNY.tv. Missouri and Florida State are the latest schools that want to get involved, the source said, with Kansas, Iowa State, St. John’s, Washington, Villanova and UConn working “very hard on him.”
There is no question that five-star forward Harry Giles is a premier talent and one of the best prospects in the class, but the North Carolina native didn’t show much consistency in a loss on Saturday to the Georgia Stars. Playing against the Stars was an intriguing measuring stick for the No. 2 overall player in the Class of 2016 because Giles was going against multiple five-star big men in 2016 center Udoka Azuibuke and fast-rising 2017 big man Wendell Carter.
Taysir Mack, a class of 2016 wide receiver from Grand Street Campus (Brooklyn, NY), currently holds four scholarship offers from Rutgers, Syracuse, Buffalo, and Connecticut. National recruiting analyst Ryan Bartow caught up with the 247Sports composite 3-star WR to discuss his recruiting. Mack received his offer from Rutgers his sophomore year when he attended their 7 on 7 camp.
In addition to sputtering offenses, there were 10 unsportsmanlike penalties in the first half, a slew of turnovers and an ejection that was overturned. When the dust settled though, North emerged with the 24-14 win against the South. Wooster defensive back Marquise Blair was the game’s most valuable player. He intercepted South quarterbacks four times. He signed to play at Syracuse in the fall.
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forwards Tyler Lydon, Andrew White with NBA scout - June 9, 2017
- Central Connecticut State Blue Devils — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 7, 2017