The 5-foot-11, 215-pound Robert Washington, from SouthLake Christian (Huntersville, N.C.) announced his decision Saturday afternoon but not without some major confusion. Washington’s other finalists for the 2016 class included Alabama, Florida, North Carolina and Texas Christian. Initially, a pre-recorded video in which Washington said he had committed to Florida was released, but at his news conference Washington chose Syracuse.
Kassoum Yakwe’s stock is exploding. The 6-foot-7, 205-pound forward from the PSA Cardinals has played well at the Nike EYBL stop in Lexington and now has more than 15 high-major programs “very involved,” a source told SNY.tv. Missouri and Florida State are the latest schools that want to get involved, the source said, with Kansas, Iowa State, St. John’s, Washington, Villanova and UConn working “very hard on him.”
There is no question that five-star forward Harry Giles is a premier talent and one of the best prospects in the class, but the North Carolina native didn’t show much consistency in a loss on Saturday to the Georgia Stars. Playing against the Stars was an intriguing measuring stick for the No. 2 overall player in the Class of 2016 because Giles was going against multiple five-star big men in 2016 center Udoka Azuibuke and fast-rising 2017 big man Wendell Carter.
Taysir Mack, a class of 2016 wide receiver from Grand Street Campus (Brooklyn, NY), currently holds four scholarship offers from Rutgers, Syracuse, Buffalo, and Connecticut. National recruiting analyst Ryan Bartow caught up with the 247Sports composite 3-star WR to discuss his recruiting. Mack received his offer from Rutgers his sophomore year when he attended their 7 on 7 camp.
In addition to sputtering offenses, there were 10 unsportsmanlike penalties in the first half, a slew of turnovers and an ejection that was overturned. When the dust settled though, North emerged with the 24-14 win against the South. Wooster defensive back Marquise Blair was the game’s most valuable player. He intercepted South quarterbacks four times. He signed to play at Syracuse in the fall.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Georgetown 78 - December 17, 2016