Syracuse freshman forward Chris McCullough will declare for the NBA Draft, a source confirmed to The Juice Online on Thursday morning. The story was first reported by RealGM.
McCullough was averaging 9.3 points and 6.9 rebounds before he suffered a torn ACL in January and missed the rest of the season. He is expected to return to action sometime in December.
McCullough is currently projected as the No. 5 pick in the 2016 NBA Draft by NBADraft.net. Most current mocks have McCullough placed in the second round of this year’s draft.
McCullough becomes the third player to leave the Syracuse program in less than a month. Sophomores Ron Patterson and BJ Johnson announced they were transferring.
The Orange bring in a highly touted recruiting class, including McDonald’s All-American Malachi Richardson, along with Frank Howard, Moustapha Diagne and Tyler Lydon. Syracuse continues to chase five-star center Thomas Bryant, who has Syracuse among his finalists.
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 7, 2017
- Moe Neal — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Boeheim’s Army 77, Overseas Elite 81 - August 2, 2017
- Miami Hurricanes — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 31, 2017
- Boeheim’s Army GM: Team FOE was ‘rattled’ by pro-Syracuse crowd - July 28, 2017
- Clemson Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 25, 2017
- Zaire Franklin — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - July 18, 2017