Syracuse guard Ron Patterson and forward BJ Johnson will transfer from Syracuse, according to a report from Syracuse.com.
Patterson, a sophomore, struggled shooting the ball this season. He averaged just 2.6 points and 1.7 assists per game, shooting 31 percent from the field and 17 percent from downtown.
Johnson, also a sophomore, averaged 4.1 points and 3.1 rebounds. Both players have two years of eligbility left.
Syracuse was recently sanctioned by the NCAA, resulting in the loss of three scholarships a year over a four-year period. SU is bringing in a highly touted class, including guards Malachi Richardson and Franklin Howard and forwards Tyler Lydon and Moustapha Diagne.
The two players are the first players to transfer from Syracuse since DeShonte Riley in 2011.
- Tim Welsh calls Syracuse an NCAA Tournament team that could play into second weekend - December 9, 2017
- Matt Moyer gives Syracuse basketball hope after disappointing start - December 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Connecticut 63 - December 5, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, Kansas 72 - December 2, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Maryland 70 - November 27, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017