Syracuse guard Ron Patterson and forward BJ Johnson will transfer from Syracuse, according to a report from Syracuse.com.
Patterson, a sophomore, struggled shooting the ball this season. He averaged just 2.6 points and 1.7 assists per game, shooting 31 percent from the field and 17 percent from downtown.
Johnson, also a sophomore, averaged 4.1 points and 3.1 rebounds. Both players have two years of eligbility left.
Syracuse was recently sanctioned by the NCAA, resulting in the loss of three scholarships a year over a four-year period. SU is bringing in a highly touted class, including guards Malachi Richardson and Franklin Howard and forwards Tyler Lydon and Moustapha Diagne.
The two players are the first players to transfer from Syracuse since DeShonte Riley in 2011.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Connecticut 52 - December 5, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, North Florida 71 - December 3, 2016
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green between Syracuse, Kentucky; Lonnie Walker to Miami - November 17, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 Syracuse target Bourama Sidibe to announce Monday - November 16, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Holy Cross 46 - November 15, 2016