Syracuse guard Ron Patterson and forward BJ Johnson will transfer from Syracuse, according to a report from Syracuse.com.
Patterson, a sophomore, struggled shooting the ball this season. He averaged just 2.6 points and 1.7 assists per game, shooting 31 percent from the field and 17 percent from downtown.
Johnson, also a sophomore, averaged 4.1 points and 3.1 rebounds. Both players have two years of eligbility left.
Syracuse was recently sanctioned by the NCAA, resulting in the loss of three scholarships a year over a four-year period. SU is bringing in a highly touted class, including guards Malachi Richardson and Franklin Howard and forwards Tyler Lydon and Moustapha Diagne.
The two players are the first players to transfer from Syracuse since DeShonte Riley in 2011.
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 7, 2017
- Moe Neal — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Boeheim’s Army 77, Overseas Elite 81 - August 2, 2017
- Miami Hurricanes — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 31, 2017
- Boeheim’s Army GM: Team FOE was ‘rattled’ by pro-Syracuse crowd - July 28, 2017