Texas Tech has offered four-star men’s basketball recruit Sedee Keita. The (Greenville, S.C.) 22 Feet Academy junior is the No. 28 power forward and No. 114 player overall, according to 247Sports’ Composite Rating. All four votes in his 247Sports Crystal Ball favors Syracuse, and he’s also received offers from Iowa State, Memphis and Tennessee.
Kentucky is the latest school to show interest in Jamal Murray, the 6-foot-5 2016 lead guard from Orangeville Prep (Ontario). Sources said Kentucky has yet to offer but is impressed by Murray, who starred at the recent Basketball Without Borders Camp in New York over All-Star weekend. “As for now he’s 2016,” Roger Murray recently told SNY.tv. “If everything lines up for 2015, so it be.”
The Colts dropped a tough 71-35 decision to first-time state championship winner Pope John. Jeromy Rodriguez was just three assists shy of a triple-double (16 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists) and senior forward Moustapha Diagne finished 10 points and 5 rebounds for the Lions (28-3). “They made shots that we didn’t expect them to make. We were more focused on Moustapha Diagne and Jeromy Rodriguez and they played well as a team.”
The Vikings erased a 14-point lead in the final 2:28 to shock Gahanna in a Division I district final. Towns made three free throws with 4.7 seconds left to give Northland, which once trailed 23-2, its only lead. Towns (14 points) head-faked Matt Moyer into the air to draw the final foul. Gahanna tried to ice Towns by calling a timeout after the second shot, but to no avail. The Lions were unable to get off a final shot, and Northland advanced to play Dublin Jerome in a regional semifinal on Thursday at the Fairgrounds Coliseum.
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies, but falls short against North Carolina - May 1, 2017
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017