Texas Tech has offered four-star men’s basketball recruit Sedee Keita. The (Greenville, S.C.) 22 Feet Academy junior is the No. 28 power forward and No. 114 player overall, according to 247Sports’ Composite Rating. All four votes in his 247Sports Crystal Ball favors Syracuse, and he’s also received offers from Iowa State, Memphis and Tennessee.
Kentucky is the latest school to show interest in Jamal Murray, the 6-foot-5 2016 lead guard from Orangeville Prep (Ontario). Sources said Kentucky has yet to offer but is impressed by Murray, who starred at the recent Basketball Without Borders Camp in New York over All-Star weekend. “As for now he’s 2016,” Roger Murray recently told SNY.tv. “If everything lines up for 2015, so it be.”
The Colts dropped a tough 71-35 decision to first-time state championship winner Pope John. Jeromy Rodriguez was just three assists shy of a triple-double (16 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists) and senior forward Moustapha Diagne finished 10 points and 5 rebounds for the Lions (28-3). “They made shots that we didn’t expect them to make. We were more focused on Moustapha Diagne and Jeromy Rodriguez and they played well as a team.”
The Vikings erased a 14-point lead in the final 2:28 to shock Gahanna in a Division I district final. Towns made three free throws with 4.7 seconds left to give Northland, which once trailed 23-2, its only lead. Towns (14 points) head-faked Matt Moyer into the air to draw the final foul. Gahanna tried to ice Towns by calling a timeout after the second shot, but to no avail. The Lions were unable to get off a final shot, and Northland advanced to play Dublin Jerome in a regional semifinal on Thursday at the Fairgrounds Coliseum.
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017