Tyus Battle played only a few minutes for Gill St. Bernard’s in front of coaches John Beilein of Michigan and Mike Brey of Notre Dame after suffering what coach Mergin Sina called a foot injury. The 6-foot-6 Battle only took a few shots and did not score a point. Battle, who did not start against St. Benedict’s because it was Gill’s Senior Night, played a few minutes before walking off into the locker room, where he spent the remainder of the game and did not speak to media. “He has a foot issue,” Sina told SNY.tv. “But I haven’t talked to the trainers.”
Kassoum Yakwe, a 6-7 2016 forward from Our Savior New American, will visit Iowa State Sunday-Tuesday for the team’s game against Oklahoma on Monday, sources confirmed to SNY.tv. Jeff Borzello of ESPN.com previously reported the visit. Yakwe is also planning other visits before the spring, sources said. St. John’s, Syracuse, Iowa State, Villanova and Kansas are working hardest for Yakwe, one source said.
West Hartford (Conn.) Kingswood-Oxford linebacker Koby Quansah added offers from Wisconsin and Marshall as his recruitment continues to steam forward. Rutgers and Illinois extended offers to Rochester (N.Y.) Mc Quaid Jesuit offensive tackle Noah DeHond. He said he is intrigued by his first two Big Ten offers.
In addition to featuring two of the state’s top teams (Trenton Catholic is No. 7 in the NJ.com Top 20, Ewing No. 8), the game showcased the top scorer in the state, Temple-bound Ewing senior Trey Lowe (25.5 points per game), against the state’s second-highest ranked recruit, Trenton Catholic’s Malachi Richardson, who is on his way to Syracuse. Fortunately, the star-studded matchup didn’t disappoint, as first-seed Trenton Catholic took down fourth-seed Ewing, 79-68, in Wednesday night’s primetime thriller at the Sun National Bank Center.
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies, but falls short against North Carolina - May 1, 2017
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017