Kobi Jordan-Simmons is a 6-foot-5 junior combo guard, which is the same position that Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant played and play. Different spelling on Kobe, but same pronunciation. Jordan-Simmons is considered the top combo guard in his class by 247Sports, much like another Simmons — Ben Simmons of Montverde Academy (Fla.) — who is the No. 1 player overall in the 2015 class.
C.J. Fair has scored in double figures in 13 straight games and 15 of the last 17 games. He could be the most valuable player off the bench in the D-League, averaging 11.5 points and five rebounds per game while playing 25 minutes per night.
The Wolverines will have a major visitor for their home game against Ohio State on Sunday from Tyus Battle. He is a prospect out of Edison, New Jersey. Battle has narrowed his list down to 11 schools including Michigan and Ohio State.
Patrice Rene made a name for himself last year on the camp and combine circuit as one of the top 2016 prospects in Canada. He will play this year for Alexandria (VA) Episcopal following a transfer. Rene, 6-foot-1, 193-pounds, has an impressive combination of size, speed and athletic ability. He holds several impressive offers, including Ohio State. He visited the Buckeyes last weekend.
Offensively, MRA was paced by the duo of Devin Gilmore and Moses. The two combined for 27 points in the first half alone to guide the Patriots to a more-than-comfortable 34-16 half-time lead. Moses and Gilmore led all scorers with 23 points apiece.
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017