Former Syracuse and NBA standout Pearl Washington joins SNY’s Daily News Live to discuss the Orange’s self-imposed postseason ban, Syracuse in the ACC, his Big East memories, and NBA All-Star weekend. Here are a few highlights from his interview:
On Syracuse’s self-imposed post-season ban for the 2014-15 season:
Pearl Washington: I feel bad for the kids coming in next year, the kids on that roster now that played hard to try to get to the NCAA Tournament, forget the NIT. But I’m hoping that this year, they’d have an opportunity to play in the NCAA Tournament. It’s just going to be a little sad because Christmas was having a wonderful year. I mean, tremendous. He’s got 2-3 great moves, and he may get a mention in the NBA.
On Syracuse now playing in the ACC and memories of the Big East:
PW: I just always though, back in ’86 when I played, that it was between the Big East and the ACC. […] I just think the ACC is the best. The Big East was the best during my time. John Thompson was there. Patrick Ewing was there, and John Thompson was the coach of Patrick. Best coaches. Best kids.
- Syracuse v. Miami Football Predictions - October 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Clemson Football Predictions - October 13, 2017
- Syracuse v. Pittsburgh Football Predictions - October 6, 2017
- Do moral victories mean anything for Syracuse football? - September 26, 2017
- Syracuse v. LSU Football Predictions - September 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Central Michigan Football Predictions - September 15, 2017
- Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee State Predictions - September 8, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017