Former Syracuse and NBA standout Pearl Washington joins SNY’s Daily News Live to discuss the Orange’s self-imposed postseason ban, Syracuse in the ACC, his Big East memories, and NBA All-Star weekend. Here are a few highlights from his interview:
On Syracuse’s self-imposed post-season ban for the 2014-15 season:
Pearl Washington: I feel bad for the kids coming in next year, the kids on that roster now that played hard to try to get to the NCAA Tournament, forget the NIT. But I’m hoping that this year, they’d have an opportunity to play in the NCAA Tournament. It’s just going to be a little sad because Christmas was having a wonderful year. I mean, tremendous. He’s got 2-3 great moves, and he may get a mention in the NBA.
On Syracuse now playing in the ACC and memories of the Big East:
PW: I just always though, back in ’86 when I played, that it was between the Big East and the ACC. […] I just think the ACC is the best. The Big East was the best during my time. John Thompson was there. Patrick Ewing was there, and John Thompson was the coach of Patrick. Best coaches. Best kids.
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses win over Virginia - March 28, 2016
- A look at the Sweet 16 - March 23, 2016