John Beilein and an assistant from Oregon watched Jamal Murray out of the Toronto (Ont.) Athlete Institute Basketball Academy at the National Prep School Invitational according to recruiting analyst Corey Evans. A 6-5, 180-pound shooting guard with a complete game for a backcourt player, Murray is ranked No. 39 in the 247Sports 2016 rankings and No. 59 in the 247Sports Composite.
Huntington Prep came out with lots of energy and got a terrific effort from its post players in a 99-66 win over Legacy Charter (S.C.) at Huntington St. Joe on Sunday. Thomas Bryant finished with 31 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Huntington Prep, who placed four players in double-figures on the day. Bryant was joined in double-figures by Miles Bridges, who finished with 14 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists – many of which were post feeds to Bryant for easy baskets.
No. 9 Trenton Catholic proved yesterday in its 66-57 win over No. 7 Hudson Catholic that the Iron Mikes have top five potential. Led by volume scorer Myles Powell, jitterbug point guard Marcus Floyd, and McDonald’s All-American sharp shooter Malachi Richardson. At the core of it all is Richardson. Aside from sinking shot after shot via a quick release and picture perfect form, Richardson’s mere presence opens up driving lanes and open shots for other Trenton Catholic players.
Gill St. Bernard’s guard Tyus Battle had 12 points, six rebounds and three steals in his first major showcase action since returning from a foot injury that kept him out for the first six weeks of the season, while Julius Stoma had 12 points and six rebounds as well.
Orangeville Prep is coming off of their best game of the season with their two stars Jamal Murray and Thon Maker having an immaculate game with 25 points and 22 respectively against Wilbraham and Monson at the National Prep School Invitational.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017