Roy Williams liked what he saw out of 2016 five-star combo guard Kobi Simmons at the City of Palms Classic, so he made a trip to Atlanta tonight and offered Simmons after his game. “Coach Williams said he liked the way he plays when he saw him in Fort Myers, and he wanted to make a personal trip down here,” said Simmons father Demond Stephens. The offer places North Carolina right in the mix for Simmons, 6-5, 170-pounds out of St. Francis High School.
When NJ Advance Media caught up with Rashan Gary last week, it was revealed that he and Kareem Walker would take a trip to Orlando, Fla. together for the Under Armour Elite 50 — a gathering of some of high school football’s top juniors, who have already committed to playing in next year’s Under Armour All-American Bowl. Hence, we followed-up with Walker, the DePaul (Wayne, N.J.) standout, to learn how he interacted with fellow Rutgers recruits over the weekend.
After a full season followed by summer of evaluations and deliberations, our national rankings debut with a new HHC Sweet 60 in the Class of 2016 breaking the ice. An Elite 30 for Class of 2017 and Class of 2015 Super 75 will follow in the near future. Jamal Murray is the new No. 1 prospect in the HHC Sweet 60, the ultra-efficient 6-foot-5 shooting guard starred at virtually every stop this summer, including with Team Canada’s under-17 team, helping him leapfrog Justin Jackson.
Three-star defensive end Austrian Robinson of Pawling (N.Y.) Trinity-Pawling School had been talking with Ohio State defensive line coach Larry Johnson for the last month. Robinson knew things were going well. He didn’t know things we’re going great. Because Ohio State offered him about a month ago, and he didn’t realize the offer was on the table until he spoke with Johnson this week.
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016