Roy Williams liked what he saw out of 2016 five-star combo guard Kobi Simmons at the City of Palms Classic, so he made a trip to Atlanta tonight and offered Simmons after his game. “Coach Williams said he liked the way he plays when he saw him in Fort Myers, and he wanted to make a personal trip down here,” said Simmons father Demond Stephens. The offer places North Carolina right in the mix for Simmons, 6-5, 170-pounds out of St. Francis High School.
When NJ Advance Media caught up with Rashan Gary last week, it was revealed that he and Kareem Walker would take a trip to Orlando, Fla. together for the Under Armour Elite 50 — a gathering of some of high school football’s top juniors, who have already committed to playing in next year’s Under Armour All-American Bowl. Hence, we followed-up with Walker, the DePaul (Wayne, N.J.) standout, to learn how he interacted with fellow Rutgers recruits over the weekend.
After a full season followed by summer of evaluations and deliberations, our national rankings debut with a new HHC Sweet 60 in the Class of 2016 breaking the ice. An Elite 30 for Class of 2017 and Class of 2015 Super 75 will follow in the near future. Jamal Murray is the new No. 1 prospect in the HHC Sweet 60, the ultra-efficient 6-foot-5 shooting guard starred at virtually every stop this summer, including with Team Canada’s under-17 team, helping him leapfrog Justin Jackson.
Three-star defensive end Austrian Robinson of Pawling (N.Y.) Trinity-Pawling School had been talking with Ohio State defensive line coach Larry Johnson for the last month. Robinson knew things were going well. He didn’t know things we’re going great. Because Ohio State offered him about a month ago, and he didn’t realize the offer was on the table until he spoke with Johnson this week.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017