Jamir Harris led Patrick School with 16 points, while Rakym Felder had 13 points, four rebounds and three steals to go along with stout defense against star Syracuse-bound guard Malachi Richardson who finished with 10 points. Myles Powell led Trenton Catholic with 15 points, while Marquise Bell had 10 points, seven rebounds, three assists and two steals. The Mercer County squad owned the the fourth quarter and doubled up Patrick School, 14-7, in the game’s final eight minutes. Richardson had five of his 10 points in that span, while Bell had two points two assists, two rebounds during that time to spur the run.
Bridges hit a 3-pointer before securing a rebound and throwing a full-court outlet to Curt Jones for a dunk to push the advantage to 19. Bridges then got a steal and Jones took another long outlet and dished it to Thomas Bryant for a bucket to push the lead to 21 before the Dolphins ever got on the board in the second half. Bryant led all scorers with 23 points and nine rebounds while Jones added 21 for the Irish to go with Bridges’ triple-double.
Trojans star Harry Giles III, ranked No. 3 overall in the ESPN 60, seems to be making up for lost time after sitting out last season with a knee injury. Giles is flourishing in his new role as a point forward; at 6-foot-10, it’s almost unfair the way he breaks the press by himself and finishes with posterizing dunks.
Fairfax’s belief in his squad is no less profound, even if the statistics differ slightly. He harbors concerns, like replacing forward Derek Mountain (stress fracture in foot) for the foreseeable future and the condition of fab freshman Cameron Reddish, who injured a knee late in Monday’s loss to Our Savior of New York and got off only three field goal attempts against Carroll, offering only a glimmer of his usual scoring potency.
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Louisville 62 - September 9, 2016