It’s Christmas Day, Syracuse fans! And to celebrate the occasion, we’ve put together a little wish list that we can all relate to.
For Christmas, we’d like…
- For the basketball team to stay positive, practice hard, cut down on the turnovers; get better at playing the zone. Defense is what will win ballgames in the ACC.
- For the basketball team not have an alternative uniform game (unless it’s the standard blue third jersey to the current white/orange set, last worn in 2008 at Notre Dame), forced to wear the latest Nike concoction. Last season’s version was a disaster both from a fashion standpoint (orange jerseys and blue pants?), and for mojo. The 25-0 start was ended by Boston College of all teams.
- For the lacrosse team to take advantage of the fact that six of their first seven games are in the friendly confines of the Dome, granted against some pretty good teams, and the other game is in Georgia against St. John’s for a second straight year. The schedule provides an opportunity for a strong start in the balanced world of Div. 1 lax.
- For the rest of the men’s and women’s programs to continue their ascent in the national rankings, and finally get over the hump with a national title in one of the non “Big Three” programs.
- For the football team to have a true quarterback battle in spring practice, taking advantage of the spanking new indoor practice facility, with heralded recruit Alin Edouard getting to campus to compete with the three returnees.
- For the football program to follow the blue print of ACC comrades Duke and Georgia Tech, smaller schools that are competing for conference championships and solidifying Top 25 (or close to it) status.
- For all The Juice readers to have pleasant “Orange Thoughts” in the course of your everyday lives, and a happy holiday season.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 19, Miami 27 - October 21, 2017
- What Are Syracuse’s Chances Of Making a Bowl Game? - October 18, 2017
- Orange Watch: Syracuse football has chance for encore against Top 10 team - October 17, 2017
- Orange Watch: Beating Clemson would accelerate timetable for rebirth of Syracuse football - October 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Pittsburgh 24 - October 7, 2017
- Orange Watch: Already crunch time in ACC for Syracuse football - October 3, 2017
- Orange Watch: The quickest 7-0 score we’ve ever seen in a Syracuse football game - September 27, 2017
- Orange Watch: First Syracuse-LSU meeting in Louisiana was a historic Sugar Bowl tale - September 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 41, Central Michigan 17 - September 16, 2017
- Orange Watch: Former Syracuse coach Scott Shafer classless in victory - September 13, 2017