Huntington (W.V.) Prep center Thomas Bryant has added a scholarship offer from Kentucky, according to Ben Roberts of the Lexington Herald-Leader. The 6-foot-10 Bryant recently visited Kentucky unofficially and picked up the offer at that time, Roberts reported. Meantime, Wildcats head coach John Calipari and assistant Kenny Payne watched Bryant go for 16 points Friday night when Huntington Prep beat Burlington (N.J.) Life Center, 74-54, at the Bluegrass Showcase.
One young man in particular has embodied the dedication and discipline of a future NBA star. As a sophomore, Jarred Vanderbilt has led an impressive season thus far and has a promising career ahead of him. As team captain and star forward, he was picked as ESPN’s No. 2-ranked 2017 player in the country. He racks up nearly 20 points and 12 rebounds per game. On Dec. 4-6, you can witness Jarred and his team square-off against other basketball players in the McDonald’s Classic Basketball Tournament at Eastwood High School in El Paso.
Tyus Battle, the 6-foot-6 2016 combo guard from Gill St. Bernard’s, will visit UConn Sunday for the Texas game, Scout.com reported. Battle recently cut his list to 11 and is now considering UConn, Duke, Florida, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, Michigan, Ohio State, Syracuse, Villanova and Virginia.
Keivonnis Davis out of Miami Central High School is another prospect from Florida to commit to Syracuse without visiting. The three-star defensive end thought it was a great opportunity for him to play right away and developed a good relationship with his primary recruiter, George McDonald.
A big strategy for Syracuse in their 2015 recruiting efforts was to get back into the talent-rich state of New Jersey. The Orange wanted to start a pipeline in the Garden State, and hired tight-ends coach Bobby Acosta in order to do just that. Syracuse has had a successful run this cycle landing two New Jersey players, with at least one more as a priority target. The first to pull the trigger was three-star running back Dontae Strickland out of South Brunswick High School. Strickland’s commitment signaled a big win for the Orange.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016