Archbishop Carroll’s Derrick Jones, the area’s top high-school basketball player, will announce his college choice on Thursday evening as part of a cable television special. The 6-foot-6 senior forward had planned to save his announcement for after the high school season. Instead, he will drive with his family to ESPN’s Bristol, Conn. studios. Jones and two other top-ranked recruits will announce their college commitments on ESPNU’s Recruiting Nation, which airs live at 6 p.m.
2017 South Jersey lineman, Fred Hansard, has been offered by The Temple Owls. Hansard (6-4/290) attends The Hun School in Princeton, NJ. Owl assistant coach Francis Brown is recruiting Hansard. Hansard recently spoke with 247Sports about his recruitment.
Tyler Lydon signed his national letter of intent to play for Syracuse on Wednesday afternoon. The four-star 6-foot-9 Class of 2015 power forward is the first of four SU commits in the class to sign. Fellow four-star power forward Moustapha Diagne signed later in the day.
Wide receiver/safety Marquise Blair, a Syracuse recruit, accounted for all five touchdowns against the Rangers. He caught touchdown passes of 20, 26, 42 and 50 yards from quarterback Cam Daugherty, and returned an interception for another score. Blair finished with nine catches for 223 yards, increasing his season totals to 38 catches for 774 yards and 12 touchdowns.
Junior OL Parker Boudreaux of Orlando has over 40 offers and plans to narrow his list to 10-15 schools after the season. Clemson and USC are among those offers and are a strong possibility to make the short list. Boudreaux visited Clemson earlier this season and maintains contact with the coaches.
“We played OK,” Gatlin said, “considering all the hoopla and considering Harry (Giles) hadn’t played in a year. So, it was O.K. We’re getting better – slowly but surely we’re getting there. I’m really impressed with how the guys competed. We’re really good defensively, and that’s why we won the state championship last year.”
3-star JuCo Austrian Robinson confirmed that he will take an official visit to Maryland on December 5 and has told me since August that Maryland is “no doubt” the favorite. With a potential commitment from Robinson, Maryland’s defensive line worries for next year will be undoubtedly minimized.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016