Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey joins us to talk about the latest in Syracuse football recruiting and the start of the 2014 season. Wes Cheng then welcomes Senior Columnist Jim Stechschulte to chat about their predictions for the year.
Here are the highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: Syracuse picked up a commitment from New Jersey defensive back Daivon Ellison earlier in the week. What does this mean for SU’s recruiting?
Stephen Bailey: Obviously, Daivon is a pretty good commitment, a cornerback with a lot of speed, [though] he needs to put on a little bit of weight. But looking at how Syracuse is attacking New Jersey in this class, with Daivon and Dontae Strickland, and athlete Daiquan Kelly, who is a safety, but we could see him play some wide receiver at Syracuse, I think the key to moving forward with recruiting and expanding a little bit. […] By being able to get these guys from New Jersey, the best players around in the northeast, that’s where you make your footprint and expand from there. Looking at the 2016 class, you look for Syracuse to try to make a splash early. If they can get a potential four star guy, I think that’s the next step. And I think it starts with New Jersey. Tight ends coach Bobby Acosta is in his first year here, and he was the lead recruiter for all three of those guys.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey calls in
3. Significance of Daivon Ellison commitment
4. Who is still remaining on the 2015 board?
5. Thoughts on the upcoming season
6. Predictions for Syracuse
7. The Juice Online Senior Columnist Jim Stechschulte calls in
8. Previewing the wide receivers and defensive line
9. Eight regular season wins?
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016