Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey joins us to talk about the latest in Syracuse football recruiting and the start of the 2014 season. Wes Cheng then welcomes Senior Columnist Jim Stechschulte to chat about their predictions for the year.
Here are the highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: Syracuse picked up a commitment from New Jersey defensive back Daivon Ellison earlier in the week. What does this mean for SU’s recruiting?
Stephen Bailey: Obviously, Daivon is a pretty good commitment, a cornerback with a lot of speed, [though] he needs to put on a little bit of weight. But looking at how Syracuse is attacking New Jersey in this class, with Daivon and Dontae Strickland, and athlete Daiquan Kelly, who is a safety, but we could see him play some wide receiver at Syracuse, I think the key to moving forward with recruiting and expanding a little bit. […] By being able to get these guys from New Jersey, the best players around in the northeast, that’s where you make your footprint and expand from there. Looking at the 2016 class, you look for Syracuse to try to make a splash early. If they can get a potential four star guy, I think that’s the next step. And I think it starts with New Jersey. Tight ends coach Bobby Acosta is in his first year here, and he was the lead recruiter for all three of those guys.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey calls in
3. Significance of Daivon Ellison commitment
4. Who is still remaining on the 2015 board?
5. Thoughts on the upcoming season
6. Predictions for Syracuse
7. The Juice Online Senior Columnist Jim Stechschulte calls in
8. Previewing the wide receivers and defensive line
9. Eight regular season wins?
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017